What type of Birth did you have? (with your youngest)

I had an emergency c-section 12 hours into labour when they discovered LO was breech and they couldn't find her heartbeat! Scariest moment of my life but she was fine in the end :) I think they were just looking in the wrong place

I'd do it again no problem, although a planned c section would be preferable to an emergency one :thumbup:

A hetic labour lol. Had to be induced, ended up being induced 3 times before kicked in, was in the hopsital from the tues morning and didnt give birth till the friday morning, no sleep since the monday, just a hour here and there as being in a hopsital bed in a ward with others is hardly the most comfy of places ,was in slow labour from the weds , was then took up labour ward thurs evening and 11 hours later i had my baby boy, had a ventous birth (sort of forcep) as couldnt push no more x

My labour was about 13 hours from my waters breaking, but the contractions didn't start until 3 hours after that so technically my labour was 10 hours. I only had gas and air as pain relief and only started that when I started pushing. I was pushing for just over 2 hours and NEARLY had to be rushed to the main hospital in an ambulance because my awkward little beast didn't want to come out (I was at a midwife led birthing unit with no emergency facilities for assisted delivery)! I had some stern words with him, however, and he decided to arrive as they were ordering the ambulance haha. Although I did tear pretty bad since he had his head at a 45 degree angle and shot out all at once after all that pushing lol.

Labour was an amazing experience, even if the last 2 hours was a bit of a nightmare. I would be more than willing to do it all over again tomorrow! Call me crazy but I actually thoroughly enjoyed the experience!!!

XxX

Vaginal with gas and air and morphine; the morphine didn't do anything though, and the gas slightly helped, but made me loopy. Would have gone natural but posterior labour was pretty damn bad.

I had a vaginal delivery with an epidural and other medications. I only have 1 child so my youngest is also my oldest :haha:

I had an EMCS... it actually wasn't that bad.

Waters went and then nothing happened so I was induced 48 hours later. EMCS after 14 hours due to LO dropped heart rate and low blood-oxygen level. LO was blue and not breathing when he was born (but that's another story), but the actual emergency surgery wasn't as bad as I had been expecting (but recovery sucked).

With a next LO, I think I'd prefer to give VBAC a go and end up with an EMCS if needed instead of having a planned one.

Induced due to pre-eclampsia, given foley bulb, 24 hrs later removed and I was 4 cm. Dr. broke my water and I was hooked up pitocin. had two epidurals (first one failed) during 9.5 hrs of labor was at 8cm but after last check, LO had heart decels back to back and off to emcs. He came out perfect, I was very happy with the end result.

I had an emergency c section after a failed induction. I was in labour for 2 days, 2nd day was the worst when they put me on the syntocin drip and the contractions came fast and hard and strong with no break. The pain was so constant it was horrible. I got an epidural then, which i really didn't want as I knew i wouldn't know if i was pushing properly as i wouldn't be able to feel anything!! When i got to 10 cms and started pushing, the babys heart rate was going up because of the syntocin drip, so they lowered the dose of the drip, but then my contractoins where too far apart. It would have taken too long to push baby out. So then docs decided i needed an emergency section.

Not at all how I imagined my labour. I had intended a vaginal delivery with gas and air and maybe pethidine. I really did not want an epidural and certainly never imagined having to have a section. :wacko:

It says on my records EM LSCS. I only found out today what the LS stands for - lower segment. I had wondered what it meant!

I had a natural vaginal delivery. Waters broke the night of my due date at 11:00pm and my baby boy was born at 5:50am the next morning...so I was ”in labor” for seven hours. It wasn't too painful until the last hour though!

Vaginal with gas and air, I fell asleep after they gave me diamorphone and woke up to late for my epidural and cried :blush: and then was too far gone to have diamorphine again and cried some more :haha:

I had an unmedicated vaginal delivery with both kiddos.

My water broke at 6pm, and they let my body take 12 hours for natural labor to kick in. It never did, so went the pitocin route, and had c-section at 6pm the next day.

vaginal delivery. i wanted an epi but couldnt have one... thank god cos it meant i could leave the hospital straight after my bath :D

i was induced due to be overdue. i had pitocin, an epidural, and vaginal birth. overall great experience! i had an unmedicated vaginal birth with my first:)

1st - induced with GD, epidural & vaginal
2nd - induced with GD, g&a & vaginal

Urgh! Assisted vaginal delivery with epidural (I was induced).. was going to end up as a c section, luckily I as adamant :)

Very fast. Had the intrathecal, so no pain. Pushed him out in 3 pushes. Was rested an relaxed thanks to the drugs. I plan to do the same for this one.

Mine was a scheduled c-section turned emergency c-section!

We had our c-section scheduled for April 25 (baby was frank breech at 35 week ultrasound and did not turn)...but I went into labour that morning! They would have sent me home if I wasn't in labour since the OR was full for the day. They actually tried to push my c-section to the next day until my labour started progressing and they checked me and realized that baby had turned footling breech so they had to call all the OR staff back (they had all gone home!) and do an emergency c-section

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->