What type of house bug/insect is this?

Bevziibubble

Reaction score
Does anyone recognise what type of bug/insect this is? (Photo in the spoiler)

https://i1146.photobucket.com/albums/o535/bevi86/Mobile%20Uploads/DDA3DAE4-1FFC-453A-8D61-37D1937E0EAA.jpg

I've noticed lots of tiny black bugs in our house, mainly in the kitchen. It started around the dog's water bowl, kept noticing lots of dead bugs in there every time we replaced it, but now noticed a lot more on the kitchen walls and in the bathrooms. I don't think they fly.
I don't know if it's a seasonal thing or if we need some kind of pest control out?

I've tried searching on google but it keeps coming up with house pests and mentioning rodents and I just can't click on links because I'm petrified of seeing photos of rodents, got a phobia of them :(

Thanks in advance.

Hmmm... looks like a type of beetle to me. It's probably seasonal. We have loads of fruit flies at the moment which is sending me mad!

Fleas? Do they jump? My first thought is maybe the dog has fleas. I can't really tell from your picture as it's tiny on my phone.

I think book lice are a lighter colour though, not so dark.

Yes these are quite dark. They don't seem to jump. I don't think they're fleas as the dog isn't scratching and when he's had fleas in the past he's been constantly scratching himself.

Fleas are teeny tiny. Don't think it's a flea.. I live in an old cottage in the countryside and the bugs and flies seem to LOVE it at the moment. Possibly the time of year and that we've had not too bad a summer so they're all coming out :(

Fleas are teeny tiny. Don't think it's a flea.. I live in an old cottage in the countryside and the bugs and flies seem to LOVE it at the moment. Possibly the time of year and that we've had not too bad a summer so they're all coming out :(

Same. So many flies in the countryside!

I wouldnt say fleas...they jump!

We had huge fleas. I thought they were small flies they were that big. Are they on windowsills and if you spray the sill with water do they turn into blood? If yes, they are fleas. Tbh it looks like a spider or beetle though. I'd take your dog to the vet though as if they are around his bowl they could be coming off him

I think we have had something similar. We don't have a pet. If you find out what they are keep me updated. We have loads of plants outside our front window so I was thinking they were coming from there?

I think it is some kind of beetle as it makes a crunch when I squash them, although not sure I should be squashing them lol. Can't find any photos of bugs that quite match them!

That is what my DH thought as well when he found a picture of one. Ugh how did they even get in?! I'm sure it's something to do with our dog as it started off from his water bowl and just went from there.

I itch every time I read this thread 🙈 lol

Lol me too!

The bugs are really tiny, like about a millimetre big probably. It just looks big on the photo as it's close up.

I did a big clear out of any open grain products today and realised that my husband has left a huge bag of bird seed wide open underneath a kitchen counter right at the back and all the weevils are coming from that. So annoyed :x Deep cleaned everything with bleach but keep seeing them reappearing, so getting rid of them as and when I see them and hopefully they'll be dying out now the food has gone.

Oh crap! Yes now the source has gone hopefully they will too :hugs:

Oh no- I had them in some flour not long back, it hadn't been opened long. Hopefully they'll go soon now x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->