What vitamins/supplements do we all take?

ducky1502

Reaction score
So I'm on cycle 2 of TTC, CD2. To keep my mind off the fact that the witch arrived I have been doing some research and have decided to try the following this month:

Soy Isoflavones (80mg-120mg) either CD2-6 or 3-7 as my ovulation is either not happening or at a strange time in my cycle.
Prenatal vitamin for the folic acid etc
EPO (1000mg-1500mg) until ov as I don't get ewcm
RLT (400-800mg) until ov, I have heard it is good for fertility

And then I am considering b6... maybe!

This will also be my first month using pre-seed and cbfm.

What is everyone else taking and what for?

Folic acid - prenatal health
Vitamin C - general health
Omega 3 - general health
CoQ10 - egg health
Vitamin B complex - general health

And this month I'm trying soy, because since I took some BCP to change my cycle dates, my Ov has been delayed.

Word of caution about EPO, it stuffed up my cycles and cost us 2 months of TTC, you should have a thread search and do your homework on that one before you take it:nope: it gave me a delayed Ov and a short LP.

Currently:
Geritol Complete- Testing out the "baby in every bottle" theory. ;) (in place of a prenatal)
Folic acid 800mg- Geritol doesn't have enough for a TTC woman
Vitex 1200mg- overall reproductive health and cycle regulation
zinc 25mg- immune health (cold and flu season)

Once AF gets here:
Soy 80mg 3-7 - for ovulation (I'm not ovulating on my own)
Cinnamon (still trying to figure out a good dose?) for weight loss

And if soy doesn't work, I'll be getting FertilAid for both me and hubby to try. :)

Oh gosh, i didnt know that about epo! Im scared now lol. Was using it for ewcm, will preseed be enough?

You might be fine with it, but you won't know until you try :nope:

Ironically I wasn't even taking it for TTC, it was because I was getting hormonal spots, it fixed them but had a bad SE, and when I started a thread on it a lot of other ladies said the same thing. But other people swear by it.

On my second month I wouldn't be doing any of that stuff, I'd just be going natural bar folic acid and adding things one thing at a time, that way if it goes wrong or you get side effects then you know which supplement caused it.

Do you not get any natural EWCM at all?

I used to but not anymore :( going to try soy as I havent detected ovulation since my son was born. Im also deffo going to try preseed and take my normal prenatal. I may give the rest a miss. Its all sooooo confusing!

Right ok, got you.

Have you tried upping your fluid intake, I drink loads of water, probably 2 litres a day.

I have heard that agnus castus is good if you're not ovulating, haven't tried it myself but there are loads of threads on it.

You might be fine with EPO but I'd wait until you are sure you are ovulating before taking it, just in case it delays things more for you.

Really appreciate ur advice :) think I will just ditch the epo this month. Gd job I decided now cause I was going to pick up more at the shops later.

I think just the soy, that way you know if it suits your body or not.

You can always add something different next month :thumbup:

Have a look at ferility friend website if you are interested in charting, it will help you confirm Ov better than opks.

I have started using FF thi month too :)

so that's charting, cbfm, pre seed, prenatals and soy. The last Q...
should I try b6 to try and ensure a good luteal phase after ov on soy?

I take the B complex which contains B6 all month, it's fine to add this and take it every day as far as I know (someone might post something different though!) for general health.

I might pick up some b complex then. Seeing as vitamins are on 3 for 2 at tesco I'll pick up some soy, b complex and prob some more prenatals :) sorted haha!

It's Tescos Vitamin B Complex 1 a day tablets, it contains 2.0mg of B6 + other B vitamins, it has folic acid in it too, but I'm also taking a folic acid supplement.

Pregnacare conception
EPO until Ovulation
Just started 50mg B6 to try and lengthen literal phase as only about 9/10 days at the moment....knew I shouldn't have gone back onto BCP after DD!

EPO shortened my luteal phase even though I only took it from AF to Ov.

I have started taking vitamins this cycle.
I am taking B6, folic acid and Vitamin C.
Any other suggestions??

x

folic and B6 and vitamin C is what I take, I also take omega 3 and CoQ10.

Omega 3 for general health is supposed to be pretty good, IDK Im pretty healthy so I can't say I've noticed a difference really.

folic and B6 and vitamin C is what I take, I also take omega 3 and CoQ10.

Omega 3 for general health is supposed to be pretty good, IDK Im pretty healthy so I can't say I've noticed a difference really.

how long have you been on them???

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"