What was it like to have sex after stitches?

crossroads

Co-creator of a boy &girl
Reaction score
For those of you who teared turing childbirth and had stitches, what was it like having sex for the first time? At what point did you have sex?

For those of you who teared turing childbirth and had stitches, what was it like having sex for the first time? At what point did you have sex?

I didn't tear, but I did have to have an episiotomy and loads of stitches. We waited for about 6 weeks before we had sex...I felt by this time my stitches had healed well enough. It was a little sore, but to be honest, that was nothing to do with the stitches. It was more sore "inside" (almost bruised) if you know what I mean (sorry if TMI). The stitches weren't really a concern.

Everybody heals differently, and are ready to have sex again after childbirth at different times. It does feel so much sorer "down below" after having stitches though. :growlmad: If you are worried, perhaps ask your doctor to check your stitches to make sure they are healed. As for sex, relax and take it slowly, and don't do it until you feel comfortable :) :thumbup:

Oh and even now, 12 weeks on, it's still sometimes uncomfortable to have sex, but again, thats not because of the stitches, and it is getting less sore x

Sex felt just like it did before I was pregnant to be honest, back to being 'good' again :winkwink:. We first tried it at 3 weeks because both of us were ready to jump one another at just a look and had no problems. I think being relaxed and wanting to do it really helped.

I think we waited til around 6 weeks, I can't quite remember now, but I do remember that I was really nervous about my stitches hurting but it was totally fine really x

Three or four weeks after my ventouse/forceps delivery with lots of stitches. The first couple of times it was a little uncomfortable at first, and then it was completely the same as before.

I think we tried at about 4 weeks. I wasn't healed enough and it was very painful, so we stopped. I think the first proper time was about 8 weeks. Even now, 7 months on, I get quite nervous before we have sex and we have to take things very slowly to start with.

Don't do anything unless you're 100% relaxed and feel 100% ready..or it won't happen.

To quote Sex and the City i was worried it would be like throwing a hotdog down a hallway because a baby came through there so i thought it would be a big gaping hole but it was actually the opposite and I think they might have given me one to many stitches because it was hard to get it in! It was really sore the first time, it was almost like when losing my virginity... again..... but each time got a bit easier. Definately take it slowly and use a bit if lube if neccesary.

8-9 weeks we waited. i had alot of stiches and it was painfull first handfull of times. but practice did make perfect hehe..

I had a 1st degree tear which wasn't really that bad, we waited till about a week after I had stopped bleeding 5-6 weeks i think!
It was a little 'nippy' at first he he but was back to normal with in a few 'goes'!

We waited about 4 weeks. The first time stung a bit for me and I felt very strange down below but after that it was fine
xx

I think we waited for about 10 weeks as I was terrified! lol! I just thought it might rip everything open! haha! First time wasn't too bad, as aidans mummy said it stung a wee bit, but after that it was fine xx

Ooo so glad you asked this, as I had a lot of stitches and am scared of doing it the first time lol.

We waited 10 weeks. OH wasn't ready before that. I think sex feels better now than before I got pregnant.

i had to be cut and then was stitched up, they healed fine but i was sh*t scared lol so i made oh wait 12 weeks hahaha but it was fine, didnt hurt at all. just felt really weird but after the 3rd time in like 2 days hahah i was back to normal

We had sex after my 6 week post-delivery check...I was totally scared so I told hubby to go very slow. We used lots of lube and he went slow for awhile and then increased and it felt fine.

My orgasms seem much better and more intense than they were before I had the baby..not sure why, but I'm not complaining!

we still havent really yet,but when we tried it was where the perineum(sp) had torn and i had stiches, where it hurt, not here i had had them inside.

First time was at about 7 weeks and it hurt like hell, not gonna lie lol. 6 months on its still very tender down there and i dont enjoy sex at all, it makes me on edge just thinking about it. I have a GP appointment tommorow because the nurse thinks they may have stitched me up wrong :( xx

was6weeks woulda been sooner but couldnt see OH sooner
everything fine & like normal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"