What was your Papp-a (mom) result.......

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - First Trimester' started by Jordicia, Dec 21, 2009.

1. Jordicia

Jordicia Very proud Mummy of 3!

Hi for those that had the blood test part of the nuchal (ds) test what was you Papp-a result (in mom) and also your free beta hCG (also in mom) result if you don't mind me asking.
    Would just like to get an average of the ladies on here as mine hasnt been explained to me yet but has affected my adjusted trisomy 21 risk. I seem to have a low PAPP_A result. They didnt do the blood test part with either of my other children so I have nothing to compare it to. Both my other children were born early and i'm wondering if perhaps I had this issue before and it wasn't picked up as not tested for then?
    Thank you x

2. Jordicia

anybody? x

3. Bexx

Bexx I'm a mum!

Heya hun, can't answer your question as I only just had my blood taken for this today, but I'll happily post again when the results come in.

Are you worried about a low result or just wondering what other ladies' typical results are?

4. MrsVenn

MrsVenn Well-Known Member

Hi hun, I got my measurements today which worried me even though I've been told I'm low risk:

NT scan (1.5mm) 0.97 MoM
    bHCG 1.94 MoM
    PAPP-A 0.59 MoM

The HCG and PAPP levels are concerning me if I'm honest. What was yours?

5. carrieanne

carrieanne Well-Known Member

my measurements were hcg 0.5982 and papp 1.3415 so not so much differant to mine my nuchal measurement was slightly high but im still low risk 1 in 294 for downs and 1 in 4951 for tri 13 and 18 which for my age is good (42 next month) and in % its works out at 0.3% chance of downs so thats good enough for me concidering i went in with a age related risk of 1 in 67 and you can have a woman with 1 in 15000 and she could have a baby with problems so its a bit of a gamble unless you have the cvs or amnio but im not prepared to take that chance. but phone them and ask them explain to you in a bit more detail sweetie xx

6. MrsVenn

MrsVenn Well-Known Member

Thanks hun, yeah I'll ask them for a quick run down. Appreciate your time. xxx

7. Jordicia

Thank you for replies, I have had no internet access for over a week :(
    My results were Papp-a 0.4786 mom free beta hcg 1.2640 mom nuchal measurement 2.20mm at 13+2 weeks. At 25 it gave me an adjusted risk of 1:1221 for trisomy 21 and 1:157019 for trisomy 13/18.
    I know the results dont sound too bad on tri 13 and are fine for the other 2 but it went down from my background risk on tri 13 which worried us and the sonographer offered as an amnio if we wanted one, but advised that in her opinion it wasnt worth it against the risk of miscarriage as we are still classed as low risk. It wasnt until we got home and really started thinking about it that we worried about her actually offering us the amnio even though advising us against it. I see the midwife next week so will go through the results with her then and see what she makes of them.

8. carrieanne

carrieanne Well-Known Member

hey sweetie i think your results are great and if mine were that i certainly wouldnt risk an amnio but its your decsion mine were 1 in 294 for ds and 1 4994 for 13 and 18 and i wouldnt risk an amnio for that even ahve a good think and maybe work out in % and have a good chat with you mw good luck with what ever you decide but im pretty sure you will be fine xxxxx