What was your treatment for PCOS?

ardnaxela

Reaction score
My obgyn thinks that I might have PCOS. I'm waiting for my period to start so I can go in and get an ultrasound to see if I have any cysts.
For anyone who has this, what medicine did they put you on?
My insurance won't cover fertility treatments but I'm wondering if treatment for PCOS is for fertility or not?

I was put on metformin. It is not considered fertility by insurance and is a pretty cheap drug. Birth control pills can also be used to help reduce cysts and regulate cycles.

I also used clomid and progesterone to conceive DS.

My current doctor reccomended a low carb diet for pcos. There are a lot of success stories online about people getting their bfp following one.

My doctor gave me metformin. Today I got cross hairs for the first time on fertility friend for the first time since starting ttc in January.

I live in the UK, so I'm on the NHS. However as I already have a child, the NHS doesnt cover any fertility treatment for me. I have been put on metformin and have literally just come off a 64 day cycle so woo!
I think because PCOS can lead to further complications like heart disease and diabetes, it isnt considered fertility treatment - rather preventative treatment for other conditions :)

Hi ladies wanted to share my story as I have pcos as well and it sucks. MyMy husband and I were trying for a baby for 4 and half years when I finally said I am going to see a fs. When I did I was told I have pcos and that I will never have kids on my own. So I listened and did a round of clomid and a trigger shot to push my ovulation well that time didn't work so right away I gave up and said if its meant to be it will be and that next month I got pregnant with my now 2 1/2 year old son. We are currently ntnp at the moment but don't give up because medicine helps and sometimes it doesn't. My doctor told me that losing weight will help and when I lost weight I got pregnant but ended in a m/c but I believe weight plays a very big roll. Sorry for the long response just wanted to share

Clomid is what worked for me. It is a fertility drug as it is designed to make you ovulate and only given for up to 6 months.

In my experience they will only treat the symptoms unless you are ttc. Sorry I know that's not what you wanted to hear but I didn't have any symptoms except odd periods so it wasn't an issue for me.

Metformin does sound like it would be worth looking into though.

Ever considered using natural remedies to treat underlying cause of pcos as opposed to clomid or metformin for pregnancy.
I have pcos and had not had af in a year. My gp put me on BC as I was not trying to conceieve. However, I found that I put on weight whilst on the pill and I was grouch.
Did some research about natural ways to get af back and found loads of alternative treatments.

Been on vitex for the last 6 months with great results. I had af the first month of taking it.

Obviously it worked for me and would advise everyone to do their own research. But I am pleased with the results and prefer using natural herbs as opposed to clomid it metformin.

Hi ladies wanted to share my story as I have pcos as well and it sucks. MyMy husband and I were trying for a baby for 4 and half years when I finally said I am going to see a fs. When I did I was told I have pcos and that I will never have kids on my own. So I listened and did a round of clomid and a trigger shot to push my ovulation well that time didn't work so right away I gave up and said if its meant to be it will be and that next month I got pregnant with my now 2 1/2 year old son. We are currently ntnp at the moment but don't give up because medicine helps and sometimes it doesn't. My doctor told me that losing weight will help and when I lost weight I got pregnant but ended in a m/c but I believe weight plays a very big roll. Sorry for the long response just wanted to share

I have to agree, daily exercise helps a lot! I was diagnosed 4-5 years ago. I was recently put on Letrozole (Femara) and Progesterone (on my 3rd cycle). But, I do have to say once I started working out on a daily basis and taking my regular Women's Vitamins, my menstrual cycle started to regulate on its own.

I was diagnosed with PCOS in my 20's which was many moons ago, so there was no metformin given out for this yet, I was given clomid and it dident work, then I gave up and lost 20 pounds and in the following month got a surprise BFP. Next pregnancy I had just weaned my daughter and lost maybe 10 pounds and BFP, before my 4th pregnancy I had got down to a healthy 120 pounds and got pregnant again, as I got older around 34 I started ovulating on my own every cycle But once again we tried for 3 years to get pregnant on fertility drugs with multiple ovulations with no luck till I gave up and lost weight then surprise BFP again, so weight loss has worked better for me then any fertility drug. now I am losing weight again before FET.

I have to agree, daily exercise helps a lot! I was diagnosed 4-5 years ago. I was recently put on Letrozole (Femara) and Progesterone (on my 3rd cycle). But, I do have to say once I started working out on a daily basis and taking my regular Women's Vitamins, my menstrual cycle started to regulate on its own.

What vitamins are you taking prenatal pills? And how many days a week do you work out? I was thinking about doing a fs but I figure if I can loose weight and then try I would cause those fertility drugs gave me horrible side effects. Hoping for us with pcos to get our bfp's. Do you ever deal with the pregnancy symptoms but dont be pregnant?

What vitamins are you taking prenatal pills? And how many days a week do you work out? I was thinking about doing a fs but I figure if I can loose weight and then try I would cause those fertility drugs gave me horrible side effects. Hoping for us with pcos to get our bfp's. Do you ever deal with the pregnancy symptoms but dont be pregnant?

Yes, I am taking prenatal vitamins and regular Women Multivitamins. I work out 6 days a week because the workouts are simple, 30-40 minutes (signed up to Daily Burn). The Femara has not given me any bad side effects (thank goodness). Honestly, it's hard for me to pin point pregnancy symptoms (1) because I have yet to get pregnant and (2) the basic symptoms many get, they are my AF symptoms lol. I am hoping that with recently changing the way I eat and having some sort of daily exercise will help with getting a BFP.

I started working out and eating a lot less and I Lost 40 lbs and was able to carry a pg after 2 prior mc. It took me a year to lose the weight but it probably helped, and I also just generally felt better.

Symptoms are so hard to pin point when you don't get a regular cycle. when you did concieve do you remember the symptoms you had?

Working out and changing the way you eat has been hard for me honestly but i am willing to push myself to do better... Would you ladies like to be my coach in getting fit and healthy so that we could get our bfps started

Hello, i was diagnosed with PCOS around 5 years ago, but always knew i had it as my periods were hit and miss, they turned up as and when. i conceived my first two normally, after coming off the pill..my third child was difficult and i went on metformin and conceived within 2 months after trying for a year with no luck. im back on the metformin now to try for our 4th.

Working out and changing the way you eat has been hard for me honestly but i am willing to push myself to do better... Would you ladies like to be my coach in getting fit and healthy so that we could get our bfps started

A fitness coach can be helpful for some, but I tend to be stubborn I never listen to them ,I can only get on track when I want to get in shape more then anything. then once I am on it for a few days cravings are gone. I am doing good so far down 10 pounds in a week , most of it is probably water weight though and I am setting small goals for myself, If you want a weight loss buddy I am here.:hugs:

Hi ladies! I was very recently diagnosed with pcos. When I say recent I mean two months ago. I got the official diagnoses from my FS. However, I had a feeling for years that I did have PCOS. I have a couple friends with it and when I learned about PCOS I realized I have many of the same symptoms. My weight has blown up in the past few years. I begged a few NP's if this is why I have no cycle. They straight up told me that if I had PCOS I would have known a long time ago. It got to the point where I would just avoid my woman's appointment. We are trying to have our first little human. I just get so lost in the type of diets and all. I went to a dietitian. She said my caloric intake is good but I need to increase my exercise.

I never had any symptoms of PCOS before my first child I maintained a perfect weight, ovulated every month and mostly regular periods. I'm convinced the Mirena caused my PCOS, all this started after I had my son and had that thing put in.

A fitness coach can be helpful for some, but I tend to be stubborn I never listen to them ,I can only get on track when I want to get in shape more then anything. then once I am on it for a few days cravings are gone. I am doing good so far down 10 pounds in a week , most of it is probably water weight though and I am setting small goals for myself, If you want a weight loss buddy I am here.:hugs:

Yes I would love you to be my weight loss buddy as you can tell me what your plan is and I can join with you. I am really ready for this life change. I am sure it will be hard but I have to push myself

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->