what we having for tea tonight? need some inspiration

longtobeamum

Reaction score
What we having for tea ladies?

I need some inspiration. Was going to do Gammon in the slow cooker, but I was up too late. There are lots of recipes on the Slimming world website, but I don't know what I fancy :wacko:

xx:flower:xx

I made pizza.

I use a whole wheat thick pita (180 calories), with 1oz shredded cheese, 3oz grilled chicken (no sauce), 1 tbsp tomato sauce on the pita, and then a couple of onions. It's delish and around 500 calories, as well as appropriate for my boy [baby led weaning] :)

For OH, I make 2.

I had Sirloin kabobs with roasted red pepper sauce.
Dry rubbed some extra lean stew meat salt pepper, clove of garlic, and sweet paprika. Put them on metal skewers and threw them on the grill.

Then for the sauce I used about 14oz of roasted sweet red pepper with 3 cloves of garlic, 1 medium onion, 1/2 cup of dry white wine, some beef broth, cornstarch, thyme, and some tomato paste. Served it with some boxed couscous and it totalled about 360 calories. It was pretty good!

Im new to this part of the forum but i hope you don't mind me butting it with what im having for tea
Im having Stuffed peppers...although its my first time making them so it could end up being stuffed up peppers!!:dohh:

i am having tuna with a chilli and lime marinade, never had/made it before so hopefully it will be nice. I will have salad with mine while the boyf will probably have chips!! :)

Im new to this part of the forum but i hope you don't mind me butting it with what im having for tea
Im having Stuffed peppers...although its my first time making them so it could end up being stuffed up peppers!!:dohh:

Oooh! Stuffed peppers are fantastic!!! I'm Hungarian so I am biased. To make a healthier version I often use brown rice and ground turkey (it's a bit drier so it makes it less watery too).

I made sweet potato and chickpea curry.

cubed sweet potato and put it in the microwave to steam cook.
in about a tablespoon of olive oil i fried an onion, cumin seeds, mustard seeds until onion was soft, then added some salt chilli powder, cumin powder, ginger and garlic and let it fry a minute ish more.

then added a fresh sliced tomato, and let it cook for a few minutes until soft and then added the a chicpea tin and then sweet potato and let it cook for about 5-10 mins.

yummy.
then

oh, the other night i made falafel in a slow cooker!

Im still not able to eat solids as my mouth is very swollen today so il be having cheesy mashed potato. Basically mash made with semi skimmed milk and half a tube of primula light mixed into it :-0) xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->