What were YOU supposed to be called?

my dad liked Evelyne and my mom liked May, eventually they agreed on Kim

I was going to be Nicholas (Nick) if I was a male, but my brother got that name 3 years later... and his due date was my birthday! He was born a couple weeks early, however :)

Leigh...but I have a half sister called Leah...and my mum thought it was too similar (dad and his wife did't think ''Emma'' (youngest sister) was too close to ''Gemma" (my name) though...sorry...I just hate my name!)

And if I was a boy...James!

Oh wow, lol, I (Heather) was going to be Hillary or Bronwyn, lmao! My brother, whose name is Ivan, was going to be Conrad or John. I dunno what my mum was thinking! :rofl:

I was always going to be 'Becky'. Becky is my full name too, not Rebecca, everyone calls me Rebecca though which is annoying. I don't have anything against the name but it's not my name! If I were a boy I would've been called 'Rory'

I was either going to be Sarah or Katie - they chose Sarah

If a boy I was either going to be Andrew, Malcolm or Emile :haha: glad I wasn't a boy!

If I'd been a boy I would have been Florian. :haha: Thankfully I'm not.

my mum wanted to call me rochell but my dad hated it so i was called kimberley instead.
if i was a boy it would of been liam

I was going to be Kelly, Samantha or Rebecca. I got Kelly, but kind of wish id got Samantha :shrug:. xx My mum was meant to be called Tanya, but when my grandad went to register her he decided to call her Karen instead :wacko:. xx

My mum wanted to call me Claudia, but thankful everyone talked her out of it! And I was going to be Ross if I was a boy...Stephanie is not great, but better than Claudia!

I was going to be Imogene but my dad didn't like it, then Natalie or Natasha but my dad couldn't spell them. So i was named Gemma. If i was a boy i would have been Luke.

x

My dad wanted to call me Ruth, I am glad my mum won and I got Charlotte instead.
My dad still likes the name Ruth, and my mum still hates it!

I was going to be Lucy or Amy. Nothing to exciting. Emma-Louise is not much better just Longer to say. Typical of my parents lol. If I was a boy I would have been James

My mum had three names on her shortlist when I was born.

Jody
Sadie
Posy

My dad didn't like any of them but apparently thought Jody was the best of a bad lot, so he went and registered me before my mum was even home from the hospital.

I wouldn't have minded Sadie but am so glad he hated Posy.

I have a friend who was supposed to be called Marta but her dad decided he prefered Maria so he changed just the one letter when he registered her. Her mum still isn't over it 22 years later but my friend decided she would rather be known as Mary anyway, so neither of her parents got the name they wanted her to have :haha:

i was amie for a girl or lee for a boy but after a big argument while my mum was in labour (not suprising they split not long after) i ended up amie-leigh
my half sister younger is tonia-leigh so i guess my dad liked the name leigh
its quite funny he has 4 kids all female

Dad wanted to call me Jennifer and Mum wanted Lisa .. Mum won! To make it fair my Dad got to pick my middle name, so I'm Lisa Jane! I guess that's a nice way to do it! :) xx

Some of these names are so funny! Horacetina?! :haha: My mom was thinking of Davina too because my dad is David. Thank god she changed her mind!

melanie or kimberley. im now Kym

if i was a boy i would have been Marc

My parents both said to their parents that they could pick my name.

My dads mum said Holly for a girl and my mums mum said Jason for a boy ... and that was that!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"