What were YOU supposed to be called?

My mum wanted me to be called Zoe but dad thought it was too 'hip', glad they didn't go with it wouldn't have suited it at all

My father wanted to call me Catherine, I really don't like the name. Thank God my mum named me after my great gran instead - Sarah.

I was supposed to be called Anne Marie after my mum. I don't think my mum and dad had a boy's name for me as my dad was so absolutely certain that I'd be a girl :) My mum then said 'what about Marie Anne?' and that's what they called me.

If I was a boy, I was going to be Daniel and if I was a girl Rebecca.

I'm glad I'm a girl :).

I was going to be called Jeremy if I were a boy!

Well, my mom wanted to name me Zoya or Payton but my dad wouldn't hear of it. He wanted to name me Lynn or something like that. Instead I got lucky with Alie Paige :)

My father's name is Bobby Lee...but for some strange reason family and friends called him Horace. I still have no clue WHY.

Sooooo...when my mom got pregnant with me...she was going to name me...wait for it...

HORACETINA :growlmad:

I don't know why she changed her mind...but thank God she did. She named me after her, Dolores.

:rofl:

My mum wanted chloe but my dad wanted amanda and he won. If I was a boy I was to be Dominic which my little brother ended up with!

Chloe, Amber or Chantal......
Got Cerise Jade instead (use Cerena as my forum name though)

If I would have been a boy I would have been Steven Charles or Charles Steven

They had chose the name Kayla Leeann for a girl name and at the last moment changed it to Shyla Ailine.

My Dad like Sky, Storm, Stacey,Chantelle, Ross, Scott...I am Carrie-Anne :)

I was going to be Benjamin if I was a boy and they were choosing between Mistelle and Sable for a girl....soooo glad they went with Mistelle :)

I was going to be named Shannon Michelle. My dad's name is Michael and Michelle is a female form of it.

I was born by an emergency C section and my mom decided that I was getting her middle name instead, so I was named Shannon Kay.

I was supposed to be called Anne Marie after my mum. I don't think my mum and dad had a boy's name for me as my dad was so absolutely certain that I'd be a girl :) My mum then said 'what about Marie Anne?' and that's what they called me.

i thought your name was trumpetbum :haha:

i was going to be named Stephanie or Chantel but in the end my mum named me Naomi :) which i like. if i was a boy it was going to be Jayden

I was going to Rebecca before I was born. My mum named me Jennifer the day I was born and then changed her mind once the pethidine and gas-and-air had worn off and settled on Laura. My Dad suprised her by giving me Jane as my middle name, after her Nan. I love my name. I dont know what I would have been if I were a boy.

My mum wanted Gary for a boys name but my Dad hated it and changed it to John (his name, his dad's name and his grandfather's name) without telling my mum!

My DH's name is Barrie James...he was originally going to be called James Barrie but his parents changed their mind at the last minute...he hates them for that, he cant stand his name bless him!

My name is what it was going to be - boy or girl... just spelt different...

"Frances" or "Francis" for a boy...

My sister was going to be Simon if she was a boy, and my brother Kendra if he was a girl (waaaaaay before the girls of the playboy mansion I must stress! :haha:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"