What were YOU supposed to be called?

I was going to be Rebecca or Stephen but my Mum took one look at me and called me Laura Catherine. No idea where that came from!

i was always going to be "Emma" until i was born it was "Kristy" hehe!

My mom wanted to name me Tara, and if I was a boy it would have been Ian. My dad hated the name Tara though, and I became Danielle instead.

My mother wanted to call me Donna, but my father won with Cecilia (his mother's middle name).

My mom wanted to name me Carson (odd for a girl, but I love it). If I was a boy, I would have been David Michael, which is now my little brother's name. So they decided to call me Laney, and started out thinking they'd name me Elaine and just nickname me Laney, but decided they didn't like that idea so much. So my given name is Laney.

Originally my parents were going to call me Beatrice May (Bea for short....) and Robert if I was a boy...

THANKFULLY I became Emily Grace (Emz for short as have a cousin called Emma who already stole Em :haha:)

My Mother wanted to call me Adele or Karen :/ Sooooooo wouldn't suit me. My Dad is Italian so wanted an Italian name, he won and called me Angelina (I was almost Alexandria, which I also like)

Mother maintained the boring name theme if I was a boy: John or Michael. Dad wanted Zack, Isaac or Alexandro. His names were pretty cool actually, I wouldn't have minded any of his choices.

I don't think my mum ever had any diferent girls names for me. If I'd been a boy I would have been Duncan though.

I was going to be Selina, Harriet or Bridget. I'm now Rebecca though, I much prefer it to any of those!

If I was a boy, I would have been Daniel, which is what my brother is called. If he was a girl, he would have been Hanya.

apparently my dad wanted to call me 'mirage' ...my mum stepped in and said no the definition of mirage being an 'optical phenomenon' wont really suit her if she looks like the back end of a bus?!?..thanks alot mum lol. x

My mom wanted to call me Samantha Sue (Sammy Sue for short) or Marlena (after some Soap Opera she used to watch) My dad stepped in on both and said Sammy Sue may be cute when youre little, but not so much on a job application at age 20 or so. And Marlena...he said he just gave her a "look" and that discussion was over. How they settled on Shannon Rae I have no clue, but I'm glad they did! :)

I was supposed to be Bill if I was a boy.
Other name option was Selina.

Mum said she was torn between Jacqueline and Melissa, and Charles if I was a boy! Apparently she got Jacqueline from some programme called Falcon's Crest?? I've never seen it tho :D xx

I thank my lucky stars that it turned out to be an X sperm that made me because if I had been a boy there was a very high chance that I would have had to be named after my Italian grandfather who passed away when he was still quite young. My dad's brothers all produced girls and I was the last grandchild born so there was a lot of pressure to carry on the name. What would I have been called? Duilio. Whenever I think it would be so much easier to be a guy I have to remind myself of that name and be thankful that I'm not!

if mum got her way i wouldve been Rowena or Romania after characters in two books she read whilst pregnant with me but my dad didnt like either. :flower:

My dad wanted to call me Morag! and he wanted to call my brother Hector (both very good Scottish names - he's a proud Scot, but yikes!) We are now, luckily, known as Gillian and Stewart...

my dad wanted to call me norma, after him (norman), my mum wasnt having any of it and wanted to call me lesley! i ended up a stephanie though and i like it lol x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->