What were YOU supposed to be called?

Was a toss up between Heidi / Lorna in 1976

They settled on Leah after i was born :happydance:

They were going to call me Rebecca, but they threw 5 names each into a hat and picked out my first and middle name like that. I quite like it. Victoria Emma.

My mum had liked the name Courtney since she was a little girl so thats my name, when I was first born my dad suggested Candy haha but my mum had picked Courtney years in advance. If I was a boy I would have been Sonny

I was going to be called Phillopa and my mum said she'd have called me Pippa!!! I think people would have called me Phil ... She changed her mind as soon as she saw me and she called me Laura. Which I'm so glad of! If I was a boy I'd have been called Daniel, which is my OH's name :flower:

They were expecting a boy so I was to be John Eric. My older sister was also supposed to be John Eric. Dad got two girls instead & the names were picked on the fly.

Stephanie & Shannon :nope:

My mum wanted to call me Dayna-Louise, but my Dad thought it was 'boring' :)shrug:), so they called me Kelly Amanda instead!?! (But that's more boring than Dayna-Louise if you ask me!) xx

I was going to be Kelly, Samantha or Rebecca. I got Kelly, but kind of wish id got Samantha :shrug:. xx My mum was meant to be called Tanya, but when my grandad went to register her he decided to call her Karen instead :wacko:. xx

Hehe that's strange...

My name is Samantha and my mum liked the name Kelly :)

Also my mum was supposed to be called Donna but when my grandad went to register her name he changed it to Nicola lol.

I was always goint to be called Emily Jane, but if i was a boy they were going to call me Oliver George

I was supposed to be Nevada Lynn. I was a December baby, and the weather was very snowy. My grandparents were fighting over that name, and the one I have, so my mom said fine, those are my two choices. Whoever makes it to the hospital first gets to name her. Well, her parents were the first ones there, so it was Danielle Elizabeth.

They like Alice, Phoebe and Molly, I got Emily though which I like. I'd have been Samuel or Edward if I was a boy

I was supposed to be Janine. Thank goodness that didn't happen. My sister got a bad deal. Her middle name is Jolene.

I was nearly Cassie, but then my mother started watching Bewitched, so Samantha it is...

I was 8 weeks early and my parents hadn't decided on a name so the ladies in special care called me Alexandra (shortened to Lexi) because the hospital was the Queen Alexandra. However my Mum had actually promised my then 9year old big brother he could choose and he chose....Susan??? Why???

Mom wanted to call me Rebecca or Hannah but dad went home and told everyone i was called Claire and my nan put an announcement in the paper ...perhaps that sparked the begining of my parents break up lmao !

I was meant to be a Tiarne but ended up getting Mackenzie

I was nearly Cassie, but then my mother started watching Bewitched, so Samantha it is...

Same sort of thing happened to my DH. His mother watched Bewitched. And no, he's not Samantha! :lol:

My mother wanted to call my Kyle, whether I was boy or girl. Then she figured Kyle for a boy, Kylie for a girl.

My Bio Father wanted to name me Fallon, after a soap opera character.

At the last minute, my mom watched a movie and decided to name me after the little girl in it. So Jill I became (but absolutely not Jillian, because my mom hated that name) with the middle name of Fallon to shut up my father.

I was suppose to be Sophie but i got Zoie instead sound simular and its kinda weird because DFs nan who ive know for over 3 Years now has always called me sophie and still does so when i see her im sophie :haha: and we now have sophie on our baby name list lol

My baby brother (Not such a baby now hes 12 lol) He was suppose to be a Phoenix! Which i love love love love but my mum chickend out after he was born because it was too unusial! and now hes a Thomas Owen lol

I have two other brothers aswell Austin & Matthew Identical twins i think they were always going to be called that ...

Thank GAWD my mother didn't listen to my father. He promised his aunt he would name his first daughter after her..........my mother said no f-in way. Otherwise, I would have been.............

Marnelle

:wacko:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"