What were YOU supposed to be called?

Discussion in 'Baby Names' started by Phantom, Aug 27, 2010.

1. KiansMummy

KiansMummy Guest

If i was a boy Daniel Lee and i was going to be Faye Louise but in the end i got Jessica Louise xx

2. purplerose

purplerose Well-Known Member

"Kylie! What sort of a name is Kylie for a Christian person? It sounds like a foreign vegetable!" - Hyacinth Bucket.

Sorry I just had to post that :haha:

I'm not sure what I was going to be called. I was born ten weeks early and dad just gave me my name. I think I heard I was named after a television actress.

3. Thistledown

Thistledown Well-Known Member

I was supposed to be "Holly"

4. mummy_ellie09

mummy_ellie09 Me, Liam, Josh and William

David Michael after my uncle who died aged about 6 months if I was a boy.
    My mum can't remember the other 2 names but she put them and Helen on bits of paper and shook them about in her hand and my dad picked out Helen and they added Louise as a middle name

5. lou100

lou100 Well-Known Member

If i were a boy i would have been Alex. Mum & Dad both decided i was Emma Louise until my nan announced she had just called her dog Emma...They went with Claire-Louise & double barreled it!
    They call me Lou tho :)

6. MarinesWife

I was going to be Honey Brooke until my grandpa stepped in and said he didnt like it, so my mom changed to Veronica Brooke.

7. nkbapbt

nkbapbt Double Preemie Momma

Star Sapphire! I am so glad my adoptive mom went with Nicola Shylo instead....even though its really Nichola.

8. whitglass

whitglass Well-Known Member

if i were a boy I would have been Maximillion!

9. Raincloud

Raincloud Well-Known Member

I was going to be Maya, but my dad didn't like it.

10. Lucy22

Lucy22 Mama,Daddy & 2 Princesses

If I were a boy I would have been Ethan James. They ended up naming my next brother Ethan James anyway so it didn't really matter.
    If I were a girl I was always gonna be Lucy Catherine, or Lucy Kate for short :flower:

11. PrettyUnable

PrettyUnable Mum of DD, PAL with #2

I was going to be Daniel or Gareth if I was a boy.
    For a girls name, my mum wanted me to be called Morgan, pronounced Mor-GAN but my dad hated it, and Im so glad, possibily the only good thing he did for me. So they went for Eleanor instead after my mums best friend. I used to hate it as people can never say or spell it right. Said El-an-na. But pretty much everyone calls me Elle (not Ellie!) now anyway :)

12. MrsKTB

MrsKTB Mummy to Henry

I was going to be Annie....but I just didnt look like an Annie...so I got Katie!!

13. kittycat18

kittycat18 Well-Known Member

I was supposed to be called Connor because my local Hospital told my mum that I was a boy! And she had bought everything for a little boy and then I came along with a little vagina and my mum nearly fainted :haha: My name is Chloe-Ann but I just call myself ChloƩ. The Ann part came from my mums name and I honestly hate it! But I don't want to legally change it incase I get older and realise how lovely it is!

14. Kdor11

Kdor11 Well-Known Member

I was always going to be named Katherine! If I had been a boy I would have my oldest brother's name; Michael. I'm not a fan of either name, but I guess that's why I've come to like unique names alot!!

15. chele

chele Mummy to Max & Hayden

Victoria but then they realised my initials would be VD so decided against it :rofl:

16. oliviarose

oliviarose Well-Known Member

Natalie and Daniel.

I ended up being a Gemma though.

17. sarah1989

sarah1989 Well-Known Member

I was either going to be Sarah or Katie
    If I was a boy... Emile or Malcolm
    Glad I was a girl :haha:

18. Lingobird

Lingobird Well-Known Member

I heard that the name Anita was being considered for me, but my mom ended up naming me Trena. I've always disliked my name because I feel that its misspelled, and my mom is a terrible speller so that just adds to my resolve.

Just to throw some more names out there, I have a brother named Eric and a sister named Shaleena... (which I also suspect as being 'misspelled' I think its supposed to be Shalina buuuut whatever) :haha:

19. MissBabyFace

MissBabyFace Angel baby 04/12/2010

My name is Sara (Welsh way of spelling Sarah pronounce Sera which is Sarah lol) but my mum wanted to name me 'Dione' after her fave singers Celine Dione and Dione Warrick (thank god she didnt, I HATE the name lol) and she decided to let my dad chose the name which was between Debra and Sara and he decided Sara was appropriate as I was his first child and Sara meant Princess in Hebrew :D

20. Xlaura_BellaX

Xlaura_BellaX Well-Known Member

before my mum was even pregnant she said she wanted 2 girls laura and emma and thats what she got (im a laura) if id been a boy my dad wanted martin SOOOOOO glad im a girl LOL