What will u b using before sleeping bags?

familygirl30

Reaction score
I heard baby has to b 8 pounds something before they can use them,just wondering what u ladies be using before?Im a bit confused to what be the best

Swaddling personally, then sleeping bag at 8lbs

I've got some Gro swaddles too. Also got a padded wrap thing from mothercare last time and toby was only 7lb 1oz. It was actually for prem babies but lasted a good month or so. It basically cocooned him lol x

Absolutely. A warm swaddle is very comforting to a newborn and prevents any danger of loose blankets.

I will be using large muslins to wrap baby up in.

I personally won't be swaddling as I've heard if you swaddle them too long it can stop their hips developing properly. We'll be using sleeping bags straight away if bubs is big enough, otherwise just blankets (light ones that can be layered if necessary) x

Whats the sleeping bag for? Pram?

We tend to try the swaddle first as some babes love it. Thougy we use a ready made swaddle blanket you Velcro up as that way you know the exact layers.

Some babes don't like being swaddled or sleeping bags so may just end up using blankets.

We'll try swaddles to start with. DS loved being swaddled, he would sleep for 4-5 hours at a time when he was swaddled! If LO doesn't like swaddling we'll use sleeping bags if LO is big enough or tightly tucked blankets if not.

We tend to try the swaddle first as some babes love it. Thougy we use a ready made swaddle blanket you Velcro up as that way you know the exact layers.

Some babes don't like being swaddled or sleeping bags so may just end up using blankets.

If use blankets are the ones with holes in better?forgot the name

My daughter took 2.5 months to reach 8lb so we swaddled with a shawl for about three months and even after she was it enough she still love being swaddled and slept for hours. I haven't heard about hip problems but can only speak for my two who were both swaddled for extended periods, one is a competitive gymnast and the other does club trampolining so I think there hips are probably ok.

I just use very lightweight microfleece blankets or cellular blankets none of mine have liked sleeping bags and I find it harder to BF a baby who is wearing one xx

I heard baby has to b 8 pounds something before they can use them,just wondering what u ladies be using before?Im a bit confused to what be the best

With my daughter I just used blankets to swaddle :thumbup: She was only 4lb at birth. Then we transferred to sleeping bag when she was big enough. Will porbably do the same with this baby. Some babies love being swaddled, but some don't. Be prepared with swaddles and blankets, and take your baby's lead :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->