What will your newborn baby wear + what clothes stock have you got in Newborn size?

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - Third Trimester' started by summerbabe, Jun 5, 2011.

1. summerbabe

summerbabe Well-Known Member

I've just sorted through all the clothes we have for baby. Most being 0-3m upwards.

I have somehow accumulated 32 x short sleeve bodysuits - But I understand these go under baby's clothing? (i.e like a vest type purpose.)

We only have a few sleepsuit/romper style pieces, which I'm not sure whether there's a difference between what you'd use in the day compared to night or not?

Will you dress baby whilst in newborn in anything other that the long sleeve and long leg one piece style sleepsuits? If so, what?

How many sleepsuits will you buy in newborn? (Think they go up to 9-11ib ish)

Thanks in advance, hope this post makes sense !!

2. Lawa

Lawa Well-Known Member

Hey chick due to complications I am looking at induction at 37 weeks so I have like 20 newborn vests and 7 sleep suits and a few outfits. Then the rest in 0-3!

3. xcharx

xcharx Well-Known Member

I've got 7 vests newborn..9 sleep suites newborn..6 vests 0-3..5 sleep suites 0-3 and 2 lil 0-3 outfits :) if I need anymore ill jus buy em x

4. lollylou1

lollylou1 Mummy to Belle and preg

i got 7 newborn babygrows, more vests as they lasted a lot longer with DD as they dont get too short etc, outfits i have a few romper short things as its warmer weather and few shorts and tshirt but mainly grows as i find easier, im being induced wed but im still expecting a 8lb baby! 0-3 have more grows but i havent got tonnes of clothes in that size i need to buy more!
    Lou
    xxx

5. summerbabe

Thanks all, I think I'll just get a five pack, plus what I have and that should do.

Will you put bodysuit/vest underneath?

Do the sleepsuits cover both day and nightwear?

6. PumpkinPatchx

PumpkinPatchx Proud Mummy. <3

Oh god. I got really bad.. Don't know if it's pregnancy brain but I picked up clothes, sleepsuits, bodyvests practically every day was going through them last night can't believe how much I actually got, you loose track. I'm not one of these organized mums - 6 of everything blah blah blah.. Last count of NB was about 20 sleep suits, 33 body vests, 10 outfits. i got 0-3, 3-6, 6-9 and little bit of 9-12.. I just lost count. Lol whatever she doesn't wear I'll probably charity shop them anyway. x x

7. summerbabe

Its easily done !

8. Kiddo

Kiddo Well-Known Member

I'll be putting vests under sleepsuits and LO will be in sleepsuits day and night for the first few days.

9. oaklvr

oaklvr Well-Known Member

I can't count how many outfits I have. I mostly have onesies and sleepers. I don't put onesies under sleepers because I found them warm enough on their own. I know some people do though. I wanted a sleepsack made from cotton, and I would put a onesie under that not a sleeper, since they stay warm enough IMO. Since it will be hot outside and I will run the a/c, baby will probably be in sleepers in the house, and onesie and shorts or pants when we leave the house.

10. kittycat18

kittycat18 Well-Known Member

All Newborn clothing in my local shops only go up to 7lbs and I had my growth scan at 34+2 weeks and my baby is measuring 5lbs at the moment and is estimated to be 8lb 9ozs. 0-3 months baby clothes in my local shops go from 7lbs or 8lbs to 13lbs! If you read the back of labels or packets they will tell you :flow: Dunnes Stores Newborn clothing only go to 7lbs!

We have;
    -19x 0-3 months Bodysuits
    -23x 3-6 months Bodysuits
    -2x 0-6 months Bodysuits
    -3x 6-9 months bodysuits
    -2x 0-3 months Leggings
    -2x 6-9 months Leggings
    -5x Hats
    -6x pairs of Scratch Mitts
    -13x pairs of Socks
    -4x pairs of pre-walkers
    -6x 0-3 months Sleepsuits
    -6x 6-9 months Sleepsuits
    -2x 0-3 months Outfits
    -3x 3-6 months Outfits
    -1x 0-6 months T-Shirt
    -2x 6-12 months T-Shirts
    -1x 3-6 months Pyjamas
    -1x 0-3 months Cardigan
    -3x 3-6 months Cardigans
    -1x 6-9 months Cardigan

11. sw121

sw121 Mum of 1

I've not got that much in newborn, as baby probably won't be in them for long (glad I decided this now as I've been told baby is on the big side!). I think I have 5 newborn bodysuits and about 8-10 newborn sleepsuits. I then have 2 newborn outfits.

The rest of the stuff I have is 0-3 months - about 30 bodysuits and probably about the same number of sleep suits. Only one outfit so far in 0-3 months.

I plan on baby being in bodysuits/sleepsuits day and night whilst at home, probably for the first few weeks. I'd like to dress baby in an outfit when going out - so we're taking one of the newborn ones to the hospital to bring baby home in.

I've been told you can never have enough body suits, as they sometimes go through 3 - 4 a day. Generally you'd have a bodysuit on baby underneath their sleepsuit. Although if it's hot you might just have baby in a bodysuit during the day when you're in the house.

We don't know whether we're having a boy or a girl yet, so we're planning on stocking up on little outfits after baby is born.

12. Vixie

Vixie Well-Known Member

blimey, i havent bought that much at all, prob about 3 sleep suits and 3 bodysuits in newborn and the same in 0-3, as were a yellow bump when baby reveals its sex hopefully we can get some more outfits then :) x

13. sw121

sw121 Mum of 1

We haven't bought that much either - but I have a very eager mum who hasn't been able to help herself. I had to tell her to stop when we got to 30 bodysuits in 0-3 months. So what did she do - she started buying 3-6 months instead!! :haha:

14. Honesty

Honesty Baby #4 in the Making :)

This is the only stuff I have in NB everything else is 0-3 https://i292.photobucket.com/albums/mm2/honesty210/IMAG0417.jpg https://i292.photobucket.com/albums/mm2/honesty210/IMAG0416.jpg

15. summerbabe

Aww those pics are cute. So, the top pic are what I'm calling bodysuits - you would have baby in these under their clothes be it a sleep suit or outfit and not just on it's own, kind of like their underwear ? Sorry to be so dim ! Don't want to take baby out half dressed without realising !

16. Honesty

Honesty Baby #4 in the Making :)

Actually I don't put them under clothes the onsies I just use when we are home... Since it is summer here in texas I don't want to over heat baby... If it was winter it would be a different story though. :)

17. summerbabe

Thanks honesty, it will be summer here when baby comes, but uk summer is no doubt very different to yours ! At least I know I can get away with just putting bodysuit on baby if weather is rather hot

18. Mindy87

Mindy87 Active Member

Hi Summerbabe, thanks for posting this because ive been wondering the same things! I've sent you a private message to to see if you want to chat, I'm a first timer too!

X

19. fieldmouse

fieldmouse Well-Known Member

It's so confusing isn't it! It took me a while to realise what the difference is between vests and body suits and body suits and sleepsuits.... Doh! I've also been feeling really confused about how much baby should wear - for a UK August baby, I'm thinking a vest under a sleepsuit and then with a cardigan on top if it was a bit cooler. Does that sound right or too hot or not enough?? Help! If we did have a heatwave(!) I was thinking I'd lose the sleepsuit indoors at least and just put on a little bodysuit instead. Also what is better, a vest that is just a top or a vest that has the bottom bit with poppers? Sorry to hijack the thread but these are things that I've been wondering about for a while now....! I feel like such an underprepared mum!

20. soootired

soootired Well-Known Member

my little boy arrived on his due date last week. 9lb!!!! and put on 5oz already
    He has worn each of his 6 newborn sleepsuits once before i put them in the ebay pile as i had unpacked and washed them ready to use lukily the vests still fit. doh! still if you have a small baby 0-3 look silly (although the baby wont care.