• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

What would i be entitled to as a say at home mum

louisaL

Trying for number 1
Reaction score
I'm going to be made redundant from 16th Jan if i got my bfp before then i am trying to find out how much i would be entitled to if i decided not to go back to work and just stayed off for the rest of my pregnancy and until my baby was around 1.

My Husband works and gets around 18k a yr but thats all we get so what would i be entitled to claim for and when?

I know here in canada we have goverment benifits also knows as welfare but its not much .it basically covers the costs of baby food and diapers

Well as you had been working you'd get Maternity Allowance. Once that runs out you may be entitled to Income Support which is about £60 a week once bubs is here but I think havin a partner affects that or you might get less than what I do as a single mum. Once bubs is here you'd also get Child Tax Credit, for me that's £60 a week but once again may be less for you not sure though! You'd also get Vhild Benefit which is £18 a week

My partner gets around 19k a year and i recieve child tax creds but nothing else ( apart from child benefit as everyone gets this regardless)

ookayoo don't u get income support????

Income support is for low incomes if working I already had this explained to me ....

if you get £50 child credits thats it - if you claime dincome support and they say give you £30 child tax will be calculated to around £20 so both make £50 = no more better off just 2 diff payments (pain)!

If yu have low incomes you could apply fo housing and council tax help but you'd not know how much that is if any until your in the position & apply.

:D

Thats what I was told anyway!

Wobbs i'm really confused & maybe im not reading your reoly correctly :blush:

But are you saying if Child tax offer X amount to you you either have that or you claim Child Tax & Income support but it totals to what Child Tax woud be alone??

Im confused coz I get both & get £60 C Tax & £60 I Support

Income support is for low incomes if working

I'm a bit confused too. Income support is given if you're not working too.. Jobseekers is a bit more, but if you stop getting that and are still unemployed they give you income support instead. Might be me taking this bit wrong+expect it might be different with pregnancy aswell...

Why do they make all this so confusing, especially with money you're entitled to no matter what?!

I'm quite interested to hear an accurate idea of what would be available. Hopefully I'll be working from home by then though anyway.. ^_^

Is working from home a possible option for you louisaL? Just to make up, even a little extra cash?

xx

Income support is for low incomes if working

I'm a bit confused too. Income support is given if you're not working too.. Jobseekers is a bit more, but if you stop getting that and are still unemployed they give you income support instead. Might be me taking this bit wrong+expect it might be different with pregnancy aswell...

Why do they make all this so confusing, especially with money you're entitled to no matter what?!

I'm quite interested to hear an accurate idea of what would be available. Hopefully I'll be working from home by then though anyway.. ^_^

Is working from home a possible option for you louisaL? Just to make up, even a little extra cash?

xx

Income Support & Job Seekers are pretty much the same amount aren't they? About £47 a week?? If you're prego & on Job seekers you switch to Income support at 29 weeks then once bubs is born it goes to £60 a week

But yeh you can defo get Income support if you're not in work & a parent

IS can be given to low income families and different circumstances but for an example IF I went for it and they said £30 a week it would be based on my child & working (sorry) tax credits also Id get no more for it - does that make sense?

Again thats what I was told but yes low income families can see if they are entitled - working low income families. How it works for none working families I have no idea but know that yer they are intitled to child tax credits but obviously theres no working tax credits so on that score moi has no clue.

Well from my experience as a SAHM i'm entitled to zip!!
We don't even get tax credits any more as Ant got a slight pay rise and i mean slight but it bollocked everything up
but before his rise we got around £100 a month

I've never been enttled to income support as we are not classed as low income
Even when Emily was tiny and we were proper skint

So based on what you earnt and what your partner will be earning you could be entitled to loads or nothing at all

if you or your partner work over 16 hours a week, you are entitled to working tax credit, depending on your income, basically if your income is low, working tax credit 'tops it up' to what ever the government say that a family with however many children you have 'need' to live on.

You can claim child tax credit once your baby is born, again this is based on your income.

If you or your partner work less than 16 hours, I THINK you may be able to claim for income support, but im not sure coz I've never been in that situation.

If you or your partner dont work, one of you has to claim jobseekers allowance. And will be entitled to child tax credit.

If you're single and dont work with a child under 12 you are entitled to full income support and child tax credit. If you're single and work up to 16 hours you are entitled to income support and child tax credit based on your income, and if you work over 16 hours, you're entitled to working tax credit and child tax credit, based on your income.

Then of course theres child benefit, which everyone with children is entitled to, and you can also claim housing benefit and council tax benefit if you recieve a qualifying benefit, sush as income support, jsa or working tax credit.

Hope tahts all clear!! Don't know if its different in different areas, but that pretty much cover ALL the situations I've found myself in and what I was entitled to.

if ur single u will get both that Younglutonmum gets...but cos andy wrks im really not sire uknow, u wud defo get wrking tax credit as he wud be a wrking parent ,but again this is wot gary got been a single dad, really not sure lou, phone em up n ask!!

If you go to the tax credits section of the inladn revenue website and click 'do i qualify' yu can put al your details in and get an estimation of how much, if any you're entitled to....

I lost my job at 15 weeks pregnant.

I gat maternity allowance for 39 weeks then I am entitled to £30 child tax credit and £18 child benefit a week. Thats it. Mark earns £15k

Income support is like £40.50 or something I think...and JSA is £47.95 for under 25's.. =/

xx

hi thanks everyone for your replies!! i wrote this post just before going to bed last night and havent had a chance to reply!

it definately gave me food for thought there.

i was thinking of doing some catering from home so i guess i could look at that as a top up but we'll see

thank you all again for your replies! x

What is classed as low income? My OH earns less that 15k...

xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"