What would you count as positive opk?

littlefishygg

Mum of 1 boy, TTC #2
Reaction score
This month my temps have been all over the place due to having the flu at the beginning of my cycle so I don't think FF will confirm ovulation for me.
I normally ovulate anyway between CD20 and 24 on average.

This cycle I had a positive opk on CD22, which was the test line being the exact same darkness as the test line so I marked that as my positive and expected to ovulate on CD23.

But then on CD23 I did another opk test and the test line was darker than the control so obviously positive again.

What would you count as ovulation day? CD 23 or 24? My temps and CM suggest 23 but the opk suggests 24.

I had the same thing happen this month! My test line was as dark as the control line on the evening of CD15, so I marked it positive in FF, and bam the next morning (CD16) it was darker than the control line (perhaps due to FMU??), so I marked it positive again in FF. Then that evening and the next morning (CD 17) it was back to the same darkness as the one on the evening of CD 15, so I'm very confused. FF thinks I ovulated the day after the darker line, but who knows.:shrug:

I'm not currently temping so I can't confirm either one with a temp spike. It wouldn't matter too much if we were BDing the traditional way, but my DH and I decided to try frozen donor sperm for the first cycle this month (due to TTC for 31 months with a severe morphology issue) and this made it very confusing for knowing when to inseminate. I was hoping that using the opk's twice a day would help to narrow it down, but I guess not. Hopefully we caught the egg(s)...I'm always hoping for twins.:haha:

Hopefully some other people chime in with their experiences!

*New to this so I might be wrong*

I thought you could have multiple positives? Because OPK's just detect the surge of LH... My temps are similar in that I had a cold in the beginning of my cycle, they literally look like mountains so I don't think I'll get any crosshairs from ff, I don't have a coverline either. I also got same darkness opk, darker opk the next day, then the day I had a big temp drop, my opk was negative. :shrug:

*New to this so I might be wrong*

I thought you could have multiple positives? Because OPK's just detect the surge of LH... My temps are similar in that I had a cold in the beginning of my cycle, they literally look like mountains so I don't think I'll get any crosshairs from ff, I don't have a coverline either. I also got same darkness opk, darker opk the next day, then the day I had a big temp drop, my opk was negative. :shrug:

I think you are right that it's possible to have multiple positives in a row due to the LH being detected. It would just be nice to know when the actual ovulation happens when it's 2-3 days of positives.

So do you think that you didn't ovulate until your opk went back to negative since that's when your temp dipped? From my understanding, the temp dips the day of ovulation and then spikes the following day indicating that ovulation did in fact occur. If that's the case, I definitely inseminated too early. :cry:

Way, don't worry. When I got pregnant earlier this hear it was by O-3 bd. You're definitely not too early!

I don't think I made my question very clear. I suppose my question was really is should I count the 24-36 hours after a positive opk until ovulation from my first positive test or the most positive test.

But despite my temps being all over the place FF did put ovulation as the day after my first positive so I guess that answers my question. I wish I felt ovulation pain so I could pinpoint things.

I'm obsess about testing so I like to be sure of my dpo which is why I was trying to work it out

Way, don't worry. When I got pregnant earlier this hear it was by O-3 bd. You're definitely not too early!

Thank you! I sure hope not. I know my window for viable sperm is much more limited (12-24hrs) with frozen sperm though. 8dpo today, so guess I'll find out if it worked in a couple more days...fingers crossed!!!

Little, that's a "be careful what you wish for" subject! I feel O pain and it is useful when ttc but crippling some months! I did do opk's most months anyway just because I wanted to know when to expect o,mnot just while it was happening, and o usually happened within 12-24 hours of my strongest opk. Hope that helps!

Way, are you tracking your joirney anywhere? I'd love to follow you and see what happens :) or just update this thread ;)

Giggle, I haven't started a ttc journal on here but probably should since I've been at it so long:coffee:

I will definitely update this thread as well though.:winkwink:

I'm 9dpo and suddenly feeling very "out". All of my bloating and gassiness was gone this morning when I woke up, and I think there was a little bit of light brown spotting when I wiped this morning...hoping it's implantation but not holding my breath. Haven't had anymore since then. My luteal phase is typically 10 days, so I should know by Monday.

How's your tww going littlefishy?

Giggle, I just created my own LTTTC journal. Thanks for the idea...hopefully it will help to write things down since DH doesn't want me sharing the whole DS thing with anyone. Here's the link if you or anyone else would like to stalk it.:haha:

https://babyandbump.momtastic.com/ltttc-journals/2418291-dreaming-being-pregnant-ltttc-journey.html

I'm 7dpo today, had some spotting yesterday and my temps had a big spike up today so looking ok so far, trying not to read into it too much but this month I started taking baby aspirin and we timed dtd the best of all our cycles so far so it's hard not to get my hopes up.

How's everyone doing?

I'm 7dpo today, had some spotting yesterday and my temps had a big spike up today so looking ok so far, trying not to read into it too much but this month I started taking baby aspirin and we timed dtd the best of all our cycles so far so it's hard not to get my hopes up.

How's everyone doing?

That sounds promising so far, little fishy! Can I ask why you started taking the baby aspirin? I've heard of others taking that too but have never tried it myself.

I'm 10dpo and got a bfn this morning and have had some very light tan spotting on/off today only when wiping so I'm guessing it's only a matter of time until AF shows. I'm trying to stay positive, but since I only have a 10 day LP I'm trying to mentally prepare myself that it's probably over tomorrow. My symptoms have been quite opposite this month though...usually I want to eat everything in sight and tend to crave salt the week before AF. Then once it hits, my appetite and cravings are completely gone. This month, I've felt queasy on/off for the past 5-6 days, have zero cravings, haven't been wanting salty foods, and suddenly had an increased appetite today. I don't know what the heck is going on.

How's everyone doing?

That sounds promising so far, little fishy! Can I ask why you started taking the baby aspirin? I've heard of others taking that too but have never tried it myself.

I'm 10dpo and got a bfn this morning and have had some very light tan spotting on/off today only when wiping so I'm guessing it's only a matter of time until AF shows. I'm trying to stay positive, but since I only have a 10 day LP I'm trying to mentally prepare myself that it's probably over tomorrow. My symptoms have been quite opposite this month though...usually I want to eat everything in sight and tend to crave salt the week before AF. Then once it hits, my appetite and cravings are completely gone. This month, I've felt queasy on/off for the past 5-6 days, have zero cravings, haven't been wanting salty foods, and suddenly had an increased appetite today. I don't know what the heck is going on.

I have started taking baby aspirin due to having an autoimmune condition that has the potential to make my body reject being pregnant and baby aspirin is able to help lower than response from my body.
But it is a common one for people to take after ovulation as it increased the blood supply to your uterus making it more susceptible to good implantation.
Who knows yet whether it has been any help this time round but with my son I only had to try for two cycles and the cycle I conceived him I was taking baby aspirin.

That's awesome! Hope it works just as quickly for you this time around!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->