what would you do?

lorrilou

Reaction score
Just need alittle advice for my friend.

Shes about 9wks pregnant, was supposed to have her first midwife appt last thursday, the midwife rang her last tuesday and cancelled her appt, told her she would have to change doctors as she had moved to a different area (2mins from where she previously lived) anyway she's registered with another doctor, but because of the easter wkend couldnt make an appt till today. Shes got her booking in appt on 8th May!! She'll be about 13wks by then, surely she cant go that long without seeing anyone?!!!

If it were me I'd explain the situation and see if there was an appt earlier than that.

Maybe they've just given her the standard length wait?

I thought you had to be seen between 6 and 10 weeks and then have you're first scan before 14 weeks, she's going to struggle to get her dating scan in before 12 weeks if she only has her booking in at 13weeks!!!!

Im sure she said she was at the doctors on monday, so ive told her to explain everything to the doctor and try and get an earlier appt. I know her last doctor wanted her in to see the midwife asap, she has a history of cervical problems.

Aggghhh, why are they soooooo annoying!!

I can't really help as I am not sure of the rules, maybe can she go to a more senior person at the doctors and explain she can't wait this long to see someone. I have discovered if you make a little fuss and explain your worried ect normally they are pretty helpfull. I think they just forget sometimes as are dealing with this kind of thing everyday.

Good luck x

I did not get booking in appointment until 13weeks, had only seen gp at 8 weeks to get things on the move. If she 's worried i would ring and explain, they might be able to get her in earlier.

I thought you had to be seen between 6 and 10 weeks and then have you're first scan before 14 weeks, she's going to struggle to get her dating scan in before 12 weeks if she only has her booking in at 13weeks!!!!

Thats what i was thinking, shes gonna be around 15-16wks before she gets a scan.

I'm the same a coccyx, I only had my booking app last week, an 12 weeks. But the midwife was v efficient at arranging scan and blood tests which are both this week!!!

I'm the same a coccyx, I only had my booking app last week, an 12 weeks. But the midwife was v efficient at arranging scan and blood tests which are both this week!!!

Thats not too bad then, hope the manage to get things done that quick for her.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->