What would you do?

maryanne1987

Reaction score
So I'm not sure what to do. We have an early scan booked with our consultant for next Thursday due to our previous history. To be honest though I don't want to go and want to reschedule for when im 8 weeks plus. This is for lots of reasons, 1) last pregnancy I had an early scan and no heartbeat was found at 6 weeks and had two weeks of worry before the next scan. 2) im just not ready to hear if something is wrong, we have had our little miracle, it seems unlikely we will be that lucky again. Ive already refused to have my Hcg levels checked this time. Because I just don't see the point, if something is gonna go wrong then I can't change it and I'm only gonna stress about the numbers anyway. I don't know what's wrong with me, I wasn't like this last pregnancy. DH is struggling to understand. What would you all do? Should I go or should I resceduale?

I was offered an early scan with my last pg as I knew we might not see a hb yet and I said no for the sam reason as you. We'd also had a scan where we'd seen the hb at 7.6 weeks and had a mmc. I was under the Rmc consultant and having appt every other week. They were fine and I had the first scan around the 7-8:week mark. I know exactly what you mean about having had your miracle because that's how I feel when thinking about trying for another one after our miracle. Hope all goes well.xx

I was offered an early scan with my last pg as I knew we might not see a hb yet and I said no for the sam reason as you. We'd also had a scan where we'd seen the hb at 7.6 weeks and had a mmc. I was under the Rmc consultant and having appt every other week. They were fine and I had the first scan around the 7-8:week mark. I know exactly what you mean about having had your miracle because that's how I feel when thinking about trying for another one after our miracle. Hope all goes well.xx

Thank you, it's nice to know I'm not alone with how I feel. All I see is pregnant mamas gushing with excitement and im just not there yet. I have moments when I'm feeling positive and starting to get excited but then it quickly changes back to worry. Makes me feel bad and like there's something wrong with me :(

You're not alone so don't feel bad. On the very few occasions I did get a little excited I then worried I'd jinxed myself. I can't see me being any different if/when it happens again. X

When I was pregnant with dd, I was over 40 and had only had miscarriages previously, and had been told that I'd never be able to have a baby. I worried, actually expected the worst, until I was around 24 weeks.

My 1st appt, my OB was straight with me and told me to not get attached or excited bc I'd likely miscarry. I knew that already though. Even after making it thru 1st trimester, I still worried and didn't really get attached. I didn't tell anyone except my mom and sister that I was even pregnant until I was between 24 and 26 weeks.

However, I worry more with no information, so I did get the hcg and the early scans. I actually had a scan every week until I was 15 weeks. My OB gave me all those scans for MY reassurance. A scan doesn't change anything and really they are only necessary, early on, if you think you may have an ectopic pregnancy. And even though I got the scans, I understand why someone else wouldn't. We are all different in what we want and need and you have to follow your heart with this. If it's going to cause worry, or possible worry, then I wouldn't do it either. If you are here questioning it, not really wanting to go, then don't, just go ahead and reschedule. Wishing you the best

I can totally understand the way you feel, and I would postpone if I were you.

I am the opposite... I need to know all ASAP! Good or bad...

But it is your choice and you should do what you think is right for you!

:hugs:

Im you for different reasons.

I have refused scan till 6plus weeks as same happened to me on last pregnancy. I just want to enjoy being pregnant again and the excitement without the worry and stress.
In a way im considering cancelling scan nxt mon but in another i know fir medical reasons i have to have it

I think you should have it as your not excited or enjoying not knowing. Chances are it will put your mind at ease and you can reallt enjoy ur pregnancy

Thanks for all your opinions/advice. I appreciate it. Spoke to my consultant just now, he phoned me after I rang the office to change my appointment. He said he really recommends the scan with my history of losses and multiples and that I should consider coming in next week. DH agrees so looks like I'm going. Hopefully all will be ok, I'm absolutely terrified.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->