What would you do?

tinymumma

Mummy to a rainbow boy
Reaction score
Brief run down about me. 20 month old DS who took just under 3 years to conceive with much heartbreak.
Just entered cycle #12 TTC #2. I've been charting for 5 cycles now and have found out I have a lpd (luteal phase defect). I began taking Vitex three cycles ago and managed to get my LP from 8-10 days. Last cycle I stopped after O and LP went back to 9. My post O temps are very low, only every just above the coverline and obviously drop far too quickly.
The Vitex has encouraged a very healthy O as of last cycle (I know this as I had spotting and ewcm, which I don't get usually and I've only ever conceived on cycles where that has happened, so yay for good Oing).
I spoke to a midwife last night through a call centre and she said that it sounds like I need clomid and progesterone. I'm still breastfeeding my son on demand, so she told me that it will be very tricky as I can't take those things while bfing. I don't want to wean and I doubt my DS would do it. We've tried many times and it hasn't worked.
Sorry for the faffing around but here's my question. I need to go and get my progesterone checked obviously but I can't bare the thought of wasting a cycle finding out something I already know and have to wait even longer until I can potentially get my BFP.
I'm fine with taking the Vitex until O as that is working but should I just get some progesterone cream for my LP? I was on the mini pill before we started TTC this time around, which is a progesterone only pill and I didn't have a milk supply problem (which is what the midwife told me could happen if I started prog)
What would you do? By pass the doctor and just go for it, or go through with the tests?
Thanks in advance ladies xx

I would get the tests, then I'd know for sure and not just be going off what a midwife on the phone told me. Also if you cant take progesterone while breastfeeding how is the cream any different? Also, the doctor can go through all your options with you, maybe there's something else you could try thats safe while breastfeeding. If it gives you a definitive answer the cycle isn't really wasted and may even get you a bfp quicker

dtd at day 14 of ur cycle

Oh sweetness, if only it was that easy :hugs: Due to my short LP, it's near impossible to sustain a pregnancy. Even if the fertilised egg implanted, my body would just flush it out with AF due to the drop in progesterone causing AF to arrive before my body could register the pregnancy xx
Also, the day 14 thing is a textbook number. I actually ovulate on cd16. We also DTD every day, or every second day, so I'm well covered in terms of sperm being in my tubes waiting for the egg.
This isn't my first rodeo. I was just looking for advice from ladies who have been in my situation xx
Congratulations on your pregnancy and I hope you have an uneventful, joyous pregnancy xx
Much love xx

I've spoken to 3 naturopaths today (excessive I know but o wanted to make sure I got the right advice) and they suggested B6 and Vitamin C, so I'm going to try that, along with the Vitex for a few cycles and see what happens ☺️

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->