What would you do?

Cat

Reaction score
Okay I really have had enough of this pregnancy lark, and its getting me down how long its all going on for now. Whilst I have been all up for letting things take their natura course the increasing pain and sicomfort is taking its toll.

Tomorrow Im in hospital for monitoring of bub to make sure all is okay and as of Monday I have to go in for daily monitoring as I will be 12 days over by then and they need to do regular scans and checks to make sure everything is okay and I can go over for as long as it takes for bub to get a wriggle on by himself.

Alternetively I can go go in Monday to be induced and get it all done.

Thing is last pregnancy I had to have an epi and a drip to strengthen my contractions and then ended up with an assisted ventous delievery, all of which resulted in a spinal headache where I couldnt move for 10 days and was signed off work for a further 6 months due to a displaced sacrum from the ventous. Hence why this time I have been really wanting to aviod an induction as it would mean the drip again, and that makes the chances of needing epi and assisted more likely again.

I have been hoping for a natural water birth this time and to aviod damaging my tailbone again or agrivating my painfull hips with using differnt birthing positions (i.e not up in strups again!)

But at the same time I am in constant pain at the moment, Im pretty much confined to the house and even going up and down stairs or moving on the sofa causes me a lot of pain. I can barely even stand up in the kitchen long enough to cook some dinner with out my hips feeling like they want to dislocate themselves, my legs are feeling increasingly weaker and Im begining to wonder if with all this aching and pain if I can even make it through labour at all.

So basically I really dont know if I can try to hold out for the birth I want even though that may well not go according to plan or might still be a week or two away, or just go for the induction, hope for the best and get it out of the way.

What would you do?

its a hard one this :wacko:

You have to think about whether its feesable for you to go to hospital everyday, whether you have someone to watch Noah for you or whether you want it over and done with now so you can start getting the rest your body needs.

Big hugs to you hun in whatever you decide :hugs::hugs:

Thats didn't make sense or help really sorry!! :dohh:

Sorry dont really know what to suggest for you Cat ... just wanted to give you big :hugs: i cant even begin to imagine what this is like for you hun. I really hope that something happens soon .. but you cant go on being in that much pain. Hope you sort it out and sorry i couldnt be of any more help.

Whoa, that doesn't sound like a great bunch of choices. Poor you! :hugs:

No idea what to suggest, what does your DH think?

I had the induction and was lucky i guess, it worked on second prostine (only allowed one a day)

Thing is cat only you will know exactly how you feel and what you can cope with (((HUGS)))

Seriously sit down with OH and see what he thinks and your MW ....

Wouldn;t want to be in your shoes im struggling as it is

xxx

Well another emotional day, had my monitoring babe is find but still no sign of putting in an appearnce, acupuncture was a waste of time as had made no difference whatsoever cervix is still high and long so couldnt do a sweep again.

came home updated my mum burst into tears about the whole thing. Have been feeling very confused about what to do. I scared that by having monitoring after monday each day that what if something does do wrong? ven though the chances are very small their is an increased risk to the baby at that point because of the pacenta begining to break down and if something did happen I would have to live with that fact that through my choice to hold out that the baby had died or ended up brain damaged.

I did some googling today for birth stories on inductions as all you ever hear is negative things about it. I found this https://www.mumsnet.com/Talk?topicid=1365&threadid=21435&stamp=040407155346 And it had really made me feel a lot more positive, several women telling their stories had the same experience as me with their first labour being a lengthy natural labour resulting in epi, episiotomy and ventous, and that the induced labour they had second time was a lot quicker and less painfull.

So I think if this bub doesnt put in an apperance over the weekend I will opt for an Induction Monday, which means me going in hospital Monday night.

hope he comes over the weekend for you, incudtion is the best way to go tho i think.

xx

*HUGS*

aw hunni honestly induction isn't that bad ....

I was sooooooooo scared about inducing at 36 maddie was started off at 35+5 bloody scary stuff i had a few glitches but it wasn't so bad!

hope all goes well and you have some sign of movement over w/end

xxx

Not meaning to be negative or anything, but if the cervix is high and not ready, isn't it unlikely that the induction will work well? I think I read this somewhere?

Not meaning to be negative or anything, but if the cervix is high and not ready, isn't it unlikely that the induction will work well? I think I read this somewhere?

Mine was high and induction worked fine prostine softens your cervix

aww hun i cant believe theyve let you go this long

why dont you put noah to bed early have a warm bath try to relax my friend did that when she was over due and got up next morning and told me she could see babies head i laughed at her she phoned mw, mw came out she was 8cms dliated how lucky is that ? plus coz your over due you might be uptight worrying about it try to relax have a warm bath relax even try to have sex as there is prostoglandins in sperm which is in what the induce you with if you do do it put your legs up in the air for about 20-30 mins you may have to do it a few times it worked for me good luck i hope this helps thinking of you im sure you wont be too long seems like baby is happy inside you good luck spunky xxx

i think if your cervix is high and posterior you cany have a stretch and sweep but to be induced thsi is fine as they put it in as high as they can and you have to stay in bed for at least 20 mins for it to start working x

Thanks all, I tried the nice long soak in the bath last night, and have been getting my 'sperm injection' lol disturbing when your own mum is telling you to have lots of sex! Have been trying what I can and relaxing about the whole thing, also have been sitting in postions to encourage baby to get in good position and put pressure on cervix.

When the midwife tried to do sweep today she ould reach the cervix but as its still 2cm long she could reach right through to the end to seperate the membranes.

Marley the point of the protin tablets the give you is to ripen and open the cervix to start things off, so its quite commonly inserted when the cervix is unfavorable, it just means that it may take more applications than if someones cervix was already soft and low, induction can take up to 3 days till baby is born. But Im hoping that with my body having gone through labour before that it just needs a kick start, I will be making it very clear that if the prostin and ARM are effective enough and Im getting regular contractions that I dont want the drip as that way I will still be able to get in birthing pool and have water birth,. its just if they give me the drip I will be very restricted, so I will be avioding this at all costs.

Induction is a longer process than natural but they leae it 6 hrs between each prostin tablet! thats what drags!

Good luck hun, go for a run :loopy: < but you won't look like that though!!

they left me 24 hrs between each tablet as i was being induced under the 36wk mark (by 2 days ffs lol) and the strain on my chest ...

After it kicked off i was upstairs on day 2 by 11pm and she was born at 8.15am on the sat morning ....

Labour totalling 8hrs 15mins lol

xxx

I found the induction process very good,1 lot of prostin and 6 hours later was having pains and dilating. No more painful than first time round well i would have another baby now if i could so thats how bad it was.

Try to stand as long as poss hun and will be quicker and i am sure a totally different birth too so be good thing.

Good luck and go for the induction........

Bex.x

i only needed 1 lot of prostin to get things going. You may not need any more. Keeping everything crossed things happen this weekend 4 u:hugs:

my induction lasted 3 hours, from the pessary going in, till the birth lol

Cat, are you being induced today?

Good luck if you are!!

xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member