What would you do?

BabyBubble

Reaction score
We have been having troubles picking a name we both like and cant really be shortened etc. etc. but the name we have fallen in love with it the same name my friends little boy has as a middle name. Which is not a big issue I suppose she dosen't seem to bothered by our choice but I dunno if I feel weird about it. Every now and the she uses he LO's first and middle name kina as double barrelled when teling off etc.
DH is set on the name now and alough my friend says shes fine with it I dont want to upset her I think Id be really peed if someone we knew picked the same name :blush: Does it matter as its not like they have the same first names. What do you all think?

Hmm difficult. I would try and find another name personally but it really depends on how much you love the name and whether you can find anything similar.

We found names difficult for similar reasons and already have lots of nieces, nephews and friends childrens names to contend with and most have similar taste in names :dohh:

What's the name out of interest?

I don't think it matters if its a middle name and not a name that every one is going to use. I remember being in secondary school and me and my friends had a competition to see who could guess each others middle names as we didnt know each others. I think middle names dont really get used that often once a child grows up anyway, so I doubt people will will know you LO has the same name as your friends sons middle name. If you like it I would use it. xxx

The name is Max and evrything else we have picked can be shortened on end in like Lee or Lea sounds which I dont want DH has a son called Liam so too similar iykwim

I really don't think it matters too much. Shellie is right, middle names don't really get used that much as kids grow up. I've just sat here and tried to name all my friend's children's middle names and I struggled a bit! And I have to say if someone chose the middle name I've chosen as a first name it wouldn't bother me. :)

Thanks think Im just worrying too much it's such a big thing picking a name, didnt think we would ever settle on one we both agree on

I agree... middle names are hardly used and it wouldn't bother me if someone else used it or had it.

First names the same as other family or friends is an absolute no no for me though.

Both my kids are going to hate their middle names I think, but they have family significance, and its nice to have that connection. I wouldn't have agreed to it if I thought they would hate the name and use it often...

Agreed... names are really hard to choose!

My sil did this to me and it really bothers me. It's my DD's middle name for a reason and I often call her both. Now sil used it as her DDs name it makes me feel awkward x

i think its very sweet of you to be concerned with not treading on your friends toes as it were with names but as you have discussed it with her and she seems fine ( and there is no reason not to) especially as its a middle name , i think if thats the name you really want then have it. names go in and out of fashion all the time 2009 it was jack when i was born it was emma so if its fashionable chances are someone else will want it as well so have what you want.:thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->