What would you do?

Discussion in 'Formula Feeding' started by iwanababybump, Nov 13, 2011.

1. iwanababybump

iwanababybump Mum to Jamie- due inApril

My LO goes to bed at 6pm as we cannot keep him awake any longer than that lol but today he is due a feed at 4:45 this means he will get that feed then goes to bed 1hour later where he would usually have a feed would you still offer a feed after one hour or just drop it and see how he goes?

2. chezziepie

chezziepie Mum to one :)

I would still feed at 6 or I would wake him up and feed him after a few hours to make sure he sleeps. You may find that if you start the bedtime routine in line with when the next feed is due after 4.45 it may work? it also may not we were lucky with our lo that we managed to move him by bathing him at 8 instead of 6 :) hope my info helps if not v sorry x x x x

3. iwanababybump

Thankyou I'm still going to offer feed at 6 as I'm assuming he will only take what he wants Thankyou for your advice I wish we could get him to go down a little later but no matter what we try he is screaming by 5.30 lol I suppose at least I get the night to myself :)

Thanx again

4. chezziepie

We put ours in the bath to stop the screaming it works a treat I think he prefers it to mummy and daddy lol

5. iwanababybump

The bath is an amazing tool in our house too Jamie can be screaming and the second his feet touch the water he chills right out :D

6. chezziepie

How did it go with his feed change? Sam went 6.5 hours last night I almost cried with happiness lol

7. Lawa

Lawa Well-Known Member

I have the same with ym LO she goes to bed at 7.30 but is normally due a feed 8-8.30 that she misses because she is early she will not feed! So I let her go to sleep and dream feed her when I go to bed between 9 and 10!

8. iwanababybump

It went fine Thankyou he only took half the feed but still slept like he usually does so that was good