What would you do?

Cheyanne

Reaction score
Okay..checked email a few minutes ago and had a message from a woman I don't even know. She goes on about a friend of mine that has passed away and instructs me to show up for his memorial service. The thing is..I don't the man she's referring to! I noticed it had also been sent to several of my close friends and people we went to school with. I thought..."okay maybe I just don't remember him." So, I called b/f and she reads hers. She's like..I don't who in the hell these people are! Within minutes..several calls come in..all about this email. NONE of us know the man who died or the woman who sent us the emails. We have no idea how she got our addresses either. We're all thinking about showing up for the free barbecue and eats though..What would you do?

I would maybe send an email to the lady and find out what she is talking about.

Hello everyone...

As you know, our good friend, Clay Stowe suddenly passed away just days ago. He leaves behind a loving wife, two beautiful little boys and a host of close friends.

Tomorrow, August 11, 2007 we are celebrating his life. Please join us at The Flukinger Community Center located at 614 Lorenzo St. Channelview, TX 77530. There will be free barbecue and drinks, a moonwalk for the kids, live music and a silent auction to raise money for the funeral costs.

This event kicks off at 10 am and will conclude at 7 pm. We hope all of you will attend and take part in celebrating his memory. As his friends, you know he was always about a great party!

Thanks and hope to see you there,
Sandra Board

I would go along .. as long as you all go as a group or a few of you together I would go. You never know you might see a pic of him and remember who he was.

i would contact the woman, saying thank-you to an invite, but how did she get ur email address, also you cant quite remember who he is an could she refresh your memory, seems a bit strange for you and all your mates to not remember him

it also seems a bit short notice?

Odd all your mates got it too!! I'd be a bit hmmm how she got all yoru email addys and the fact none of you know who she refers to. Do you get lotsa junk from friends like forward emails jokes illy thing like if you don't pass this on to 10 people in 10 minutes BLAH maybe got a handful of emails from that ...

https://www.peruin.com/local/forums.html?f=45;t=2891

i googled it and came up with this if its of any use to you...sems legit?

Update...got a call from Theresa (battered wife I wrote about on another post)..she said it is a real email, but the details are abit confusing. Okay, one month ago 4 teenagers were killed when they hit a stalled train at 50mph. The two young girls ages 12 and 14 were cousins. Their parents are from my home town...Channelview and My husband works with one of their dad's. Somehow this lady retrieved the email list from that whole situation. Because it's such a close knit community, she assumed we all knew him too..I guess. My mom is so funny...she was like "Cheyanne, it could be some kind of set up and yall could be in danger if you show up there." LOL Free food and beer..I'll take my chances...no..we're not going.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->