What would you have done? Other kids being bullies.

I've just skimmed but these threads really are making me sad let me say it loud and clear
TWO YEAR OLDS ARENT BULLIED OR BRATTS!!

Seriously I just want to say just you wait!!! Maybe it's time to move up to the kid section as the language people use to describe tiny kids is really getting on my nerves!!

I understand that this is typical normal 2 year old behaviour but I think its more the point the mother sat back and watched her son do this, a child isn't going to know their not supposed to hit and push other kids unless their told if you let them get on with it and hit push whoever they want then they'll think that behaviour is acceptable which could potentially have them grow up to be bullies as they haven't been told hitting and pushing is wrong. So personally I do feel the mother of the boy should have said something to her son rather then watch him and let him feel that it's ok.

I can imagine 2 and 3 years being a difficult age and you can't stop your child from snatching, hitting, pushing etc. but all that behaviour needs addressed as and when they do it so they realise its wrong. I don't think anyone's trying to say that some 2/3 year olds are big bullies etc. it was just how she felt when her son got hit with the ball she felt her son had been bullied just like I felt my daughter had been bullied when she got pushed over its just a feeling and it can break your heart watching your child being hurt by another and the mother not doing anything about it.

Absolutely the mother wasn't parenting her child I personally always wade in. It was the language directed at the child that upset me

Gah theres always a bully child at these places!! There was one going around pushing people over and I saw poke one girl in the eye very hard and deliberately. One Mother came rushing over to her childs rescue and she was very forceful with the boy she tore him off her girl and told him off quite vociferously. Good for her. The Mother was sat way at the back, on her phone and stuffing her face, she didnt get off her arse once the whole time I was there, 2 hours. Her son cant have been older than about 3 and a half, too young to be left to get on with it on his own for the whole time in my opinion.

I've just skimmed but these threads really are making me sad let me say it loud and clear

Seriously I just want to say just you wait!!! Maybe it's time to move up to the kid section as the language people use to describe tiny kids is really getting on my nerves!!

I understand that this is typical normal 2 year old behaviour but I think its more the point the mother sat back and watched her son do this, a child isn't going to know their not supposed to hit and push other kids unless their told if you let them get on with it and hit push whoever they want then they'll think that behaviour is acceptable which could potentially have them grow up to be bullies as they haven't been told hitting and pushing is wrong. So personally I do feel the mother of the boy should have said something to her son rather then watch him and let him feel that it's ok.

I can imagine 2 and 3 years being a difficult age and you can't stop your child from snatching, hitting, pushing etc. but all that behaviour needs addressed as and when they do it so they realise its wrong. I don't think anyone's trying to say that some 2/3 year olds are big bullies etc. it was just how she felt when her son got hit with the ball she felt her son had been bullied just like I felt my daughter had been bullied when she got pushed over its just a feeling and it can break your heart watching your child being hurt by another and the mother not doing anything about it.

This is so true. My son is almost 3 and he has NEVER hit or pushed another child, not even in self defence. My other son is a different story but we will be dealing with any hitting or pushing very firmly. It is totally upto the parents to wipe out that type of behaviour.

Absolutely the mother wasn't parenting her child I personally always wade in. It was the language directed at the child that upset me

I have already apologised about that and acknowledged I used the wrong wording. But cheers for carrying on about it. That's really helpful.

Thank you. <3

This kind of thing drives me nuts. If I take my child to play group or soft play, I watch like a hawk. At this age it's more to protect him from older children being a bit OTT, but in time I'm sure ill be watching his behaviour that he isn't unkind to other children. It makes me so cross when parents don't watch their children playing. They take them to soft play and take it as a two hour break from parenting! Glad your little one is ok. X

Yeah I watch like a hawk too, for my LO's protection but also to ensure he isn't being cheeky towards other kids too. And i wont lie of course there have been times when he has been the cheeky one! Just the other day this little boy was trying to stomp on LO's head as he was looking up at this boy who was in the kids play gym (Its hard to explain but it was like a little castle play gym, and LO was on the ground poking his head into it and smiling up at the boy. The mother (again) didn't say anything so i just nicely asked the boy to not kick as he might hurt him, and thanked the boy for stopping. Then the roles were reversed and DS obviously decided to copy the behavior and started trying to stomp the boys head when he was looking in up at DS.... and as soon as DS started doing it I quickly told him to stop and that its not very nice. He stopped, the boy looked thankful i stopped DS and i even then apologised to the boy on behalf of DS (DS can't apologise for himself yet) and that was that. It was sorted. They played really well with each other after that was all done with. So my son is definitely no angel, kids will be kids... it just shocked me when this older boy (im only guessing his age though btw) lined him up and bashed him in the face. I will say i was more pissed with his mother though than the child. She was a cold faced sour mole. UGH its so annoying when parents don't parent their kids properly and then have a attitude about it to boot!!!!

Yeah ok maybe the caps and rant were a misplaced rant - apologies OP x

We call the mums the sofa mafia at soft play - just an excuse to sit on the sofa and ignore your child!!!

We were at a pub with a peppa car with a friend and this tordado of a two year old was trying to shove three almost four year olds off it - the boys just kind of looked and carried on. But he did it agai when a littler girl was on their - I must confess I did go get his mum at that point it's just not fair on the littleys.

It's so much easier when your kids become the big kids as that two year old who isn't being watched just won't have any impact on your enjoyment. I do remember being the little ones and I think my memories of how protective you feel have been somewhat dimmed now. You wait till my boys start school next year and will be the little fish again I'm sure I'll use a lot worse words and be a total hypocrite!!

Haha yeah its so hard staying level headed when our LO's get picked on. Seeing mine start to attempt to be a meanie the other day has really put it more into perspective though. And he's such a smiley happy friendly little boy, but he just decided to copy what the kid did and became naughty himself! So yeah its very true that while they are so young we really can't blame them, it really does come down to the parents if things go too far and they do nothing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->