What would you say these pains were?

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - Third Trimester' started by BabiNo2, Jun 2, 2011.

1. BabiNo2

BabiNo2 Well-Known Member

Yesterday afternoon I started getting pains right across my waist under bump, with tightening feeling and back pain lasting roughly a minute and about 10 mins in between. Went on for hour and half then stopped. Started up again last night then stopped again. Am I just getting messed about by evil BH? Or maybe things gonna happen soon? They were different from normal BH too but just confused. :shrug:

2. flumpsmummy

flumpsmummy Well-Known Member

the way you have described them the mws will say they just bh cos theyre not lasting more then a couple of hours so therefor still irregular, ive been having them too so i know what you mean, xx

3. leahsbabybump

leahsbabybump Mummy to 3

i second flumpsmummy paind areonly classed as contractions when they are regular and they dont go away :-/
    sorreeee hope things get going for you soon im off for a walk round village today as sun has decided to come out and play eventually see if that gets things going :-/ xx

4. Brieanna

Brieanna Well-Known Member

I was told that if they start and stop and are irregular they aren't real contractions, but at least your body seems to be getting ready so not too long now! I haven't had any signs yet, not even BH. :)

5. BabiNo2

What I thought, just getting my hopes up cause I've had braxton hicks from 20 wks but these were actually bit sore! Wish mother nature would just get a move on!!

6. londonangel

londonangel Well-Known Member

Could be the start, or could be 'pre-labour'. I don't think I've really even had Braxton Hicks contractions :-( I'll probably end up going into labour and just assuming it's Braxton Hicks!

7. Shell999

Shell999 Mummy to two under two!

I have this every night ... Then I wake up in the morning. Grrr!!!!!

8. alasia

alasia Well-Known Member

Honestly, could be anything.

I had these a couple of weeks ago and they were timeable, lasting about 30 seconds and coming every 2mins 57 seconds but they fizzled out after about an hour and I now only get one every now and again.

However....you're close to your due date so it could be the start of something.

Just keep an eye on them and if they start to get regular and closer together, then woop! :happydance:

9. BabiNo2

I'm just glad I haven't called DH from work when I get this, he works an hour away and can't imagine he would be impressed lol

10. BabiNo2

Just wish I knew how they started for sure, with DD I was induced and so never went into labour myself. Everyone says you'll know, but I'm worried I won't know the difference :wacko: