What you guys did differently the month you got BFP

Pearly86

Reaction score
Hey there,

Many Many congratulations to all , and I am still into my ttc 1 year already over no result yet!!

The reason I am starting this thread is that I want from all who got thier BFPs please post that what you guys did differently or what was the different thing happened the month you guys got your BFPs..

This will be really helpful to all who are so wishing and hoping to hit soon!!

it will kind of become a journal or summary of points to take care while ttc and focusing more on things which would positively yield a result rather than stressing over things here and there.

so it would be really helpful from you all

Thank you so much

after five months of trying to conceive unsuccessfully
i just relaxed went with the flow and didnt think about it
i stopped forcefully doing the deed during my suspected ovulation dates
i did not obsess and did not symptom spot
my first clue was that i was eating a ton and had sore boobs when dh tried to touch them during BDing but i just thought about being a possible pregnancy sign it once and didnt obsess over it
my biggest clue was that i thought i was suppose to start my period on the 26th and when i didnt start on the 27th i took a frer with fmu and it was definitely bfp and then same day i emailed my doctor requesting a blood test and she put in an order to the lab for me to get my blood drawn and i got it drawn that same day on the 27th and that night around 9pm i got the test results back online and my hcg was at 79 now my first prenatal appointment is on june 19th and i will be just a couple of days shy of 8 weeks
i know it frustrated me a lot when people would say just relax and it will happen when you arent thinking about it and hoping so hard for it and when you are not expecting and i was always like how can i relax? how can i not think about? ugh
but that is how it worked out for me
my periods for the first two months after going on the nuvaring in november were 28 days long and the last four have been 31 days long
i started my last period on the night of the 26th and i dont temp or anything just track ewcm and i noticed ewcm a few days before we had to put my dog down at 1am on the 15th the only day me and dh dtd was that same night/morning when we got home at about 3am
and according to ovulation calculators i should have ovulated on or around the 12th or the 13th
so i thought we had completely missed out this cycle
that probably helped keep my mind off symptom spotting and obsessing too as well as my dogs death
i grew up with that dog we had him since i was 9 (11yrs or so)
he was soooo sick and suffering of cancer he stopped eating and lost 12 pounds in a week he is in a better place now
as sad as it may be
i personally believe that in order for new life to enter this world old life has to first pass out of it
my parents tried to conceive for nine years and had miscarriage after miscarriage after miscarriage then my dads mom died and immediately after they conceived my sister ashley
this baby is gilbert's (my dog) gift to us
dont stop trying never give up hope

I started working out again. Work had been crazy and with the stress of ttc I was always tired but I decided enough was enough and to focus on myself and not worry if the workout was "too much" or "too hard" on my body. I restarted running and light weight lifting. I was feeling very down this tww because I was experiencing very little symptoms but at 10 dpo I got my bfp. I really hope your bfp is coming soon! Xx

*the only different symptoms I hade this cycle were 1 day where I had a little but of yellowish very sticky cm, nausea and emotional. (I'm guessing that was implantation day)

I wish I could tell you that I took a bunch of vitamins, and got a natural BFP - But after dealing with infertility for 6.5 years, and dealing with a ton of different medications, our winning combination was 5mg of Femara CD3-7 of my cycle, 1 powder 1 vial of Menopur per day, CD7-11, and Ovidrel on CD12. We had our first IUI 36hrs after my Ovidrel shot, on CD14. I tested out my trigger til 9dpt (days past trigger), and got a VERY very faint + on 8dpo. Waited til 10dpo to test again and viola. I did take evening primrose oil to help with CM production and it DID help (a lot actually), but sometimes can cause your cycle to be off by a day or two.

Good luck to everyone - I wouldn't wish this road on anyone. But for those who have the hope, love and patience and strength to continue down it, I swear its worth it. :hugs:

I was ttc for 2 years when I fell pregnant with ds. We were classed as unexplained infertility and it was our 2nd cycle of clomid day 2-6 and we did it doggy style (sorry for being rude) ;-) we had done missionary for the previous 2 years and popped a pillow under my bum each time. Goo luck, fingers crossed an baby dust to you xxx

Thanks a lot guys!!..really appreciate and many congrats once again!!

After 5 cycles TCC I got my BFP when I stopped tracking ovulation and took 600mg guaifenesin once a day (mucinex) from CD 10-CD 20. I felt insane doing the mucinex thing but who knows, maybe that helped!? I know 5 cycles isn't that long but my cycles are up to 35 days so it felt like forever even though I know it's not.

DH and I just BD'd whenever we felt like it. I HATE when people say oh just stop trying and it will happen because that isn't always true but with us I think it helped. I could tell DH was definitely more relaxed. I of course was still thinking about it still though. LOL. Best of luck and loads of baby dust!

after 3 years, no issues and being told we were "unexplained" the only thing I did different was drinking water like it was going out of style! like 24/7 all day everyday nothing but water! I always thought I drank plenty of water, but I pretty much doubled what I normally drank if not tripled. other than that I did my normal routine, opks, temping, the usual!

Drank lots of water
Red rasberry leaf tea 1 cup a day until day 14
Continued bd'ing until a day after +opk
Vitex
Bd twice a day around ov for a couple days (on advice of gynae)
Did the trick!

After almost 3 years of ttc,my 2nd round of iui did the trick for me(see sig.). I also did the pineapple core from 1dpo-5dpo(not sure if that contributed to my bfp). I guess we'll try anything after ttc for so long!

with ds2 i had stopped ttc and it happened the month after even though we only BD once! after 15 months of intense ttc i was so surprised that the 16t month worked!

this bubba... i took Vitex, evening primrose oil, folic acid and pregnacare conception. The vitex halved my cycle length! I went from ovulating on CD 103 to ovulating on CD 33 and getting my BFP :D xx

with ds2 i had stopped ttc and it happened the month after even though we only BD once! after 15 months of intense ttc i was so surprised that the 16t month worked!

this bubba... i took Vitex, evening primrose oil, folic acid and pregnacare conception. The vitex halved my cycle length! I went from ovulating on CD 103 to ovulating on CD 33 and getting my BFP :D xx

What were the dosages you were using? How many months did you take the vitex?

The NHS has forced me into having a break from treatment but really I don't want to stop nor do I see the need. l've lost track of days but in cycle week 6 and haven't ovulated.

Well this thread was started by me and here I am pregnant so I would like to pin my experience and what helped me so it could be of some help to others too

Consistent cycle monitoring showed my luteal phase is low
And hence I went for complete cycle monitoring to my reproductive endocrinologist and found out I do ovulate but my progestrone is lil but low for me it was 9 and they expect anything between 10-15 hence I was given progestrone micro used pill of 200 mg twice a day and I conceived the same cycle

Well tht was my story hope it helps whoever has a luteal phase issue and m sure ur are definitely going to get pregnant fx

After 4 years of messed up periods, tests after tests, being told i had PCOS, being told i couldnt have PCOS coz i had a child (what a crock of shite!) Never once having a positive ovulation test, I finally had my first round of clomid (yay!) took it days 3-7, however i still didnt get a positive ovulation test, ruled myself out, got a uti and didnt think anymore about it that cycle!!

2weeks later my 'bladder' was still tender from my uti so i thought id take a test just for fun, boom, BFP :cloud9:

Has anyone tried Conceive Plus 2.5fl.oz/75ml Multi-use Fertility-friendly Personal Lubricant ?

We used conceive plus, and as you can see I'm 34 weeks pregnant :) BUT we used it every cycle (got BFP on third cycle) so I'm not sure it was that.

I think for us, I had been getting positive opks and so we were BD'ing around then, but the month I got my BFP I noticed around CD 24 that I had EWCM...we BD once just in case, I that was when we conceived! So I think the opks thought I was going to ov but then I actually didn't. The previous months we didn't carry on and DTD.

Good luck xx

We used conceive plus, and as you can see I'm 34 weeks pregnant :) BUT we used it every cycle (got BFP on third cycle) so I'm not sure it was that.

I think for us, I had been getting positive opks and so we were BD'ing around then, but the month I got my BFP I noticed around CD 24 that I had EWCM...we BD once just in case, I that was when we conceived! So I think the opks thought I was going to ov but then I actually didn't. The previous months we didn't carry on and DTD.

Good luck xx

:happydance: that makes me feel great about it. Mine is being delivered today :) I am supposed to be fertile starting sunday, but I am also having weird EWCM also right now. I have never O'd this early CD7, plus I just took my last dose of clomid, so it couldn't be the big O, right?

The month i got my bfp i used preseed but after we bd i also put a pillow under me after bd as well i did use muccinex the week i was expecting to O i think this it what helped me!
The most important thing is to think about what is hurting ur chances for example i felt that his cum is always running out of me even if i lie still after and i sometimes dont have enough ewcm during my o week so i kinda compensated to help me out find your weaknesses and you find the key i got my bfp on cycle two hoping to carry to full term
Good luck to everyone =]

Hi there! I havent been on any sites for over a year(though I was stalking them) I got so disappointed every month and this month was a few under it being two years since we started trying. I just realized yesterday that I was a weeks late for my period. I GOT A BFP after close to 2 years! Im so damn excited! I am estimating 5 weeks maybe 6. You know what I did different? I forgot. I got so busy with school and work I just completely stopped thinking about it. I used to get so angry at people telling me to stop thinking about it because its impossible! I unintentionally relaxed lol. I am still in shock to be honest(this will be my second).

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->