What you guys did differently the month you got BFP

I feel like there is a theme here...

We tried for 5 months with no luck, then decided to book a trip to Mexico for vacation. I didn't really want to get pregnant right before the trip since we had payed for all-inclusive and I was worried about morning sickness, so we actually tried to prevent pregnancy with the pulling-out method. There was only ONE time when he didn't pull out, but I thought we were safe since it was early in my cycle. I was shocked to get a BFP 2 weeks before our trip! The intense morning sickness started shortly after. We ended up canceling the trip, but I wouldn't change a thing! We have a beautiful little boy that is the light of our lives. Now we are trying for #2 and trying to take a more relaxed approach. However, this is much easier said than done!

Good luck to all those TTC!

After 3 years of TTC, we took a break from 100mg of clomid. Cycle 12 was going to be over Christmas and after that we were bound for IVF so I wanted to go all out in January. So we relaxed, drank lots of red wine (I mean lots after a three year drought!), sat almost horizontally in front of our log fire every evening and enjoyed not counting my cycle at all.
Got our BFP on Christmas eve :)
I also made an effort to calm down at work as I was getting all wound up and stressed about people I worked with. I came home early from work as often as possible, ate loads of chocolate and planned how my January cycle I would be in a zen-like state of TTC- ability!
Previous cycles we had used clomid, pregnacare conception, preeseed, legs in the air, pillows, SMEP....
Good luck all!

I was ill with flu during my ov time - I don't know if that helped :shrug: I also used cough medicine the month I got my bfp. Finally, had a huge argument with oh the day after my positive opk - only dtd once that month on the day of the positive opk. It was my sixth month on clomid & third I should have had the trigger - I had a scan on cd13 and was told my follies weren't growing & the cycle was a bust. Got my positive opk 7 days later. I was so sure we were out & didn't even think about it during the tww. Then 11dpo I got a bfp on my first test of the month :)

Husband and I tried for 3 1/2 years and only had 4 natural miscarriages and a failed fresh cycle IVF (3 embryos, all transferred and none made it). Last two years no pregnancy at all, and I am 44. I asked God to make my old body produce one last "good egg" and that my husband and I would conceive, and that was nearly 3 months ago and I am pregnant naturally at almost 12 weeks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->