What's a 20-21month old like?

The boys understand 'i won't be a minute' I have always held up one finger if I need to attend to the other and it's probably one of the first things they understood. They have been understanding a lot for months I would say 16-17 months it started and now they understand everything even if sometimes they ignore. They know gentle be nice shhhh your brothers sleeping lol so all the key ones you would need I think. Fynn sleeps hour or 1.5 max and Sam I have to wake after a 2.5 hour nap. They have always slept well apart from the two weeks after the recent clock change. They are early to bed early to rise though so bed by 7 up 6 or 6.30

They never ever keep still but ate little people nowhere near babies anymore xxx

:haha: Please forgive my childish sense of humour, but this provided me with a much needed chuckle when I read it. I dont mean to diminish what youve written, because it's interesting and helpful. Hope you can see the funny side too :flower: xx

As you can see from the responses on the thread, every child is different, so who knows what your LO will be like :flower:

Will she still be napping during the day? Probably, altho Evie dropped her naps at around 22 months!

Sleeping better at night (not waking at 5am?) Evie used to do this and I found that this improved dramatically when she dropped her afternoon naps and went into a toddler bed! She now sleeps from 7.30pm till 8.30-9am, instead of her old routine of 8pm - 5.30-6am! :)

Still n a cot or her toddler bed? We put Evie in her toddler bed at around 22 months and had absolutely no problems with transition. She doesnt get out of her bed at all during the night and even in the mornings, she'll sit in her bed talking to her teddies and then will call me when she's ready to get up :haha:

Will she be able to talk/understand? Evie has always been a good talker. She was saying "Dada" at 5 months and expanding her repertoire of words since then ... then her language exploded at around 22 months! It literally does just happen overnight :haha: She understands an awful lot, and obeys simple commands, for example, "go and get your socks from your room please"

Grace is just about to turn 21 months :)

She still naps 1-2 hours a day, although if we are out and about and she is in buggy she tends to stay awake all day but have to put her to bed a bit earlier as she does get a little grouchy!

She does sleep through most nights but will occasionally wake up about 1am usually if she has quite a wet nappy or has a tooth coming through. She goes to bed at 7.30pm and wakes about 9am.

She is still in her cot.

She understands almost everything I say to her but can only say a handful of words and some animal noises lol. They are all very different though regarding how well they can talk at this age.

xx

Wow, what's with all these toddlers who sleep like 13+ hours??

I hope my LO does that! I've cut her down to one nap (1.5hours) the past few days and for 2 nights in a row she has slept 12 hours without a single waking!! We've had many wakings and 5am starts for a couple of months now! So at this rate she won't need a nap by the time new baby comes along!

I'm glad she will understand a bit better. She seems to be picking up on things a bit better. If I ask her "Sit in your chair please" she will go to her chair and climb all over it or lie on it so she's getting there!

xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->