Whats do you eat on an average day?

N

NicolaWynne

I always seem hungry, like im not eating enough...

I just wanted to get a rough idea of how much the average pregnant third trimester lady eats on a daily basis?

Average day:
2 weetabix for breakfast
1 orange
1 kiwi
beans on toast for lunch
3 biscuits with cup of tea
Yogurt
dinner (Spag bol, pasta, stir fry) etc etc

Thats about average for me xx

Today i ate..

Breakfast- Yoghurt, smoothie, grapes, apple, carrot

Lunch- cheese and cucumber roll, small bag of crisps, satsuma and two cornflake cakes

Snack- Bar of chocolate, yoghurt

Dinner- Beef stew and dumplings and bread

I seem to eat loads actually, why am i always hungry :(

The second I start eating I dont stop for rest of the day. Anything and everything. Even with all sandwiches small meals and snacks ... Both healthy and junk food ... I can eat my full dinner in evening and still keep going. Force myself to stop after 9 tho so I dont get woken in night by heartburn. I'm surprised i'm not the size of a house.

I've only been like this the past week or so though, basically since i came into the third trimester, im guessing its because shes having a growth spurt or something...

Cereal for breakfast, mini cheddars mid morn, pasta meal at lunch, apple mid afternoon n then dinner - often there might b a Choc bar in there somewhere too :-s I just get so hungry lol prob y my thighs r so big!! Haha

..too many biscuits... :blush:

Started this morning with:
-caffeine free milky coffee
- then, two slices brown bread toasts with margarine and marmelade
- pint of semi skimmed milk
- can of diet coke and a chocolate hob nob (oat cookie)
-lunch was leftovers from last night dinner; slice of potato based ham omelette with vegetable and tomato sauce
- another biscuit and diet coke
- pint and ahalf of water
- some sort of biscuit with filling and another biscuit...im going straight to hell :haha
- dinner - probably some chicken casserole with veg/salad

I never had a sweet tooth until i got pregnant and now its like i cant get enough of anything sweet!!! Argh...i'll be mahoosive by the end at this rate!! :growlmad: :haha:

I should add that i usually have a yogurt a day and some fruit, usually a banana and or apple too :)

Cadburys chocolate is my weakness at the moment... not good :(

Breakfast: A bowl of cereal, usually frosted flakes. after i finish the first bowl there's still a little milk left so i pour in a bit more cereal and eat it.

Lunch: Usually a sandwich and some chips or yogurt

Dinner: Whatever we make for dinner... Tonight i think i'm making pizza. I'll probably have two or three slices.

usually i eat some sort of snack before going to bed. Lately i've been loving the oreos and milk, but often i have a cup of noodles or some top ramens.

But i also snack on small things throughout the day, usually candy..... I'm a teacher and the bowl of candy on my desk is too tempting and i find myself eating out of it quite often!

Breakfast:

Cereal and lots of water

Morning snacks:

Low fat bran muffin
Banana

Lunch:

Cheese on bread
Veggie sticks (carrot, cucumber, celery)

Afternoon snack:

Yogurt
Apple

Dinner:

Meat and veg (I'm off pasta - don't want it at all!)

Night snack:

Kiwi or apples with sugar cinnamon

My appetite hasn't increased and my weight gain has tapered off. One pound in two weeks.

Breakfast - 2 x weetabix
Snack - banana or toasted teacake or fruit scone
Lunch - Ham salad sandwich and a pear
Snack - Low fat crisps
Dinner - Meat or fish with pots and veg / chicken curry with brown rice / fresh pasta and sauce etc with yoghurt for pudding
Supper - Biscuit

I've put on v little weight but think it's probably cos I'm eating a lot less cake and rubbish than pre-preg as I have gone right off it and really fancy fresh fruit and veg a lot more x

Im hoping my appetite calms down, and hopefully shes just having a growth spurt because i dont want to gain too much weight and then have to worry about losing it afterwards, when i'd rather just be spending time with my baby.

Average day:
2 weetabix for breakfast
1 orange
1 kiwi
beans on toast for lunch
3 biscuits with cup of tea
Yogurt
dinner (Spag bol, pasta, stir fry) etc etc

Thats about average for me xx

What kind of tea are you drinking? I want to drink tea but not sure whats safe.

Im hoping my appetite calms down, and hopefully shes just having a growth spurt because i dont want to gain too much weight and then have to worry about losing it afterwards, when i'd rather just be spending time with my baby.

Yeah I was going to suggest this... every couple of weeks I get RAVENOUS for a few days and I'm positive it's because he's having a growth spurt. There are definitely periods where I seem to be crazy hungry all the time. I think you're eating a pretty normal amount :]

The past few days I've been eating:

Breakfast - Shreddies or Weetabix, a glass of fruit juice and a banana
Snack - toast and cashew butter
Lunch - toasted bagel with Philadelphia, or an avocado and feta salad
Snack - yoghurt
Dinner - varies... today was a morrocan chickpea casserole with rice
Snack before bed - more cereal or more toast!

Breakfast: A bowl of cereal, usually frosted flakes. after i finish the first bowl there's still a little milk left so i pour in a bit more cereal and eat it.

Lunch: Usually a sandwich and some chips or yogurt

Dinner: Whatever we make for dinner... Tonight i think i'm making pizza. I'll probably have two or three slices.

usually i eat some sort of snack before going to bed. Lately i've been loving the oreos and milk, but often i have a cup of noodles or some top ramens.

But i also snack on small things throughout the day, usually candy..... I'm a teacher and the bowl of candy on my desk is too tempting and i find myself eating out of it quite often!

You eat similiar to me :happydance:

Yeah I was going to suggest this... every couple of weeks I get RAVENOUS for a few days and I'm positive it's because he's having a growth spurt. There are definitely periods where I seem to be crazy hungry all the time. I think you're eating a pretty normal amount :]

The past few days I've been eating:

Breakfast - Shreddies or Weetabix, a glass of fruit juice and a banana
Snack - toast and cashew butter
Lunch - toasted bagel with Philadelphia, or an avocado and feta salad
Snack - yoghurt
Dinner - varies... today was a morrocan chickpea casserole with rice
Snack before bed - more cereal or more toast![/QUOTE

Im hoping its the case!! I cant resist chocolate at the moment, i dont want to be a fatty :(

Your diet seems really healthy :thumbup: x

All this talk is making me hungry!! Off to make a pizza now :) x

I wouldn't worry, I'm eating a lot at the moment too! Today I had cereal and milk for breakfast, cheese salad sandwich, crisps, yoghurt and fruit for lunch, dinner was a large portion of pasta bake with garlic bread and 5 choccie biscuits for afters.

Would have been more if we have more goodies in the house! I could eat some choccie now x

Breakfast: 2 weetabix with semi-skinned milk

Tangerine

Lunch: either a sandwich & crisps or beans on toast or soup & bread, some chocolate

Tangerine/apple

Cup of tea

Dinner: today I had spicy chicken breast with rice & broccoli
Usually a chocolate bar but I just had to pop to sainsburys to get something and ended up buying a sticky toffee pudding :-s was very yummy!!

I would love to be able to eat that much :haha: iv had no appetite since 14 weeks and am lucky to if i eat more than twice a day i do feel horrible like im starving baba but the docs said it happens to a lot of pregnant women and he growing perfect.. so if your hungry eat what u want id love 2 :nope: x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->