whats everyones favorite...

babynmee

Reaction score
so id like to know whats everyones favorite pregnancy comment that someones said to you since youve been pregnant???

mine i think would be that my children think im crippled now because im pregnant..i keep telling them im not but it didnt help that at walmart here theres the handicapped signs for parking and they have a pic of a pregnant woman too (we have special parking here) and my son looked up at me and said see i told you that you are crippled.:dohh:

Ella, my 2 year old, knows that I'm in quite a bit of pain somedays. If I've complained to OH, she'll come over and say "mummy sore, mummy sore" and stroke me gently. It's really lovely. Not really a comment, but don't think I've had many other positive things said to me regarding my pregnancy...

My son was watching shrek the other day ( he is 4 sp it’s the only reason that he got away with this) and commented to me that shrek was a big person so why did he have to eat. I explained that just because a person was bigger did not mean that they did not have to eat... he looked at me and said but you are a big person now you don't need to eat anymore...Grrr I could not help it I started to cry and my poor husband did not know what to say... he told my son... mommy is not big she is just having a baby and we should not comment about her size. lol looking back now it was too funny but not at the moment. lol

My nearly 2 year old nephew! The first time he saw my stretch marks he went 'Ohh Nooo! Auntie!! Caca!!' (which means poo! he speaks spanish and english!) while frantically trying to wipe them off!

Now its so cute, he pulls up my top, knocks it like he's knocking a door and says 'come Kai, come!' bless him :hug:

Me and my husband got a baby sitter for ds and treated ourselves to a meal and a trip to the cinema as it'll probably be a while before we go again! :wacko:

After the film I went to the loo and just as I washing my hands a older woman commented 'ooooooo not long now' I said nope :thumbup: I'm due next week! :happydance:

She replied - well should you even be here?

:dohh: to me this just sounds stuuuuupid?!? was she afraid I'd eat all the popcorn???

Not quite "favorite" but One of my co-workers greeted me with "Hey Tubby!" last week.

Another one told me that I look like "crap".

....I work with mostly middle aged men... you would think their wives would have some sense knocked into them already.

"Oh, I didn't know you were trying!" Yeah, funny enough we don't share our family planning practices with work people we barely know ...

Ive got a few tbh
one from th sonographer saying "Your Carrying Well"
And the one from the midwives "Look at her she doesnt even look like she's in labour" "Cool as a cucumber"

And when my dad was going on about a bag which was right next to me
I replied "what bag" and my dad said "exactly you cant see it!"

x

My mother has been joking about getting a JCB to help me off the sofa. She also told me my GP's scales were broken after he said I'd lost a bit of weight between appointments.

And my dad made some comment about needing a trailer to get me home from the shops the other week, before looking at my not-impressed face and clarifying that he meant for all the stuff I'd bought!

I have such a lovely family... :haha:

"Don't cry while pushing ur baby out, u didn't cry while making it" LOL how nice eh?

(This is a very sarcastic favorite..)

I was at work months ago when a nurse came into the shop.
she said ''wow that baby hasnt got long left!''
I said ''Well i hope she has, im only 25 weeks!''
She said ''No, your so low, there is no way youll go full term.''

Im now 34 weeks and shes showing no signs of coming just yet.
People should keep their opinions to themselves.
She really scared me at the time considering i'd only just passed V day..

Aw I have a couple of nice ones

mum- "I think you will find u have lost weight once u have had the baby, your legs look skinnier for starters" :D :D

mw- "oh isnt that a nice neat bump u have there" :D

My midwife, who had been with me back 15 years ago with my first daughter, commented that i had a lovely neat lil bump and how out front it all was.

Similar (sort of) was from OH when he saw photos of me when i was pregnant last time and was comparing them to now....'oh yes your all out front, you dont look like a planet like last time'
well thats nice to know!

will always remember my mums comment the day before my wedding day.'wow kerry you have really poped out this week' thanks mum.try not to worry me to much considering i have to squeeze into a size 2 wedding dress tomorrow which was not designed for growing baby bumps in mind lol

my favourite is from my 4 year old son, well there is 2.
the first one was to me. i said oh is mummys tummy getting bigger and he said pointing to my belly button, yes mummy i can see the babys willy lol.

the second was to my mum, he said are you having a baby too nanna? oops

https://global.thebump.com/tickers/ttd5064.aspx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back