Whats eveyrone doing..

Do you know I was gonna post a thread about hot baths......apart from being relaxing, is there some kind of scientific reason for having them???? We've all heard the hot curry, hot bath, hot sex theory and the curry and sex have plausible reasons but the hot bath????

x

i read somewhere that women sometimes have and emotional block, stopping them from going into labour,

so talking a longhot bath, is just to relax you, and hopefully help

xx

I did not try anything with my son and labour started at 37 weeks :) lucky me.....my friend tried everything rasperry tea everything and she went 2 weeks overdue. good luck tho hope something works 4 you ;) xx

I've a while yet but I don't think I'll be doing anything! I can't move so sex is unlikely to happen (nor the alternative! bleugh); I don't like pineapple and castor oil - no way!

I dont think im doing anything.. I decided against the castor oil. Sex isnt an option for me!! Iv been going for long walks, running up and down stairs and having hot bath every night but i dont think its going to do anything!

Iv gone from wanting my baby now, to hoping so bad that he waits untill his due date because i am completely alone untill sometime nextweek and i am terrified of being in labour on my own!!

I am firmly of the belief that baby will come when he is good and ready, so I am not doing anything to help speed it along.

Though I did find out that his head is not engaged at all yet, so I am on daily walks by orders of the midwife to help him get into position.

I suppose if I was going to try anything, sex and really long walks would be all I would try.

I thought the hot baths was only supposed to do any good if it had lavender in? As the lavender releases something that helps the onset of labour. Of course only if your body is ready, it wouldnt start at 20weeks just because of lavender :rofl: Dont quote me on this though lol Im not 100% sure.

:rofl: - The hoover made me chuckle!!

xx

I am walking around as much as possible, until my hips feel like they're going to crack under the strain! lol
Also bouncing on ball, eating pineapple often, spicy foods, raspberry leaf tea, just started taking evening primrose oil, and gonna put lavender oil in bath tonight.
I've decided not to try castoroil, because I've heard a few horror stories, and I'm scared that i'd be the one in however many women who would have a bad experience with it.

Oh, and keeping everything crossed (except my legs!) and willing this bubs to come out soon!
xx

I just did some vacuuming and cleaning... And im going to have a snack and go out for a walk!

Have been drinking raspberry leaf tea
Taking handfuls of the raspberry leaf tablets
Plenty of hot clary sage baths
Bouncing on a ball
Long walks finding excuses to buy more!!
Occasional :sex: when both me and DH have the energy!!
Running around after my hyper 2 year old :wohoo:
Plenty of housework everyday.....

Do any of these have any effect before you are overdue?

Midwife said today hes engaged so maybe i might try the hoover myself!! :rofl:

I wonder with the baths, usin epsom salts helps to relax muscles etc.. I wonder if that may have an effect?

My OH actually uses epsom salts in his fish tanks when his fish are sick with bloat as it is a laxative apparently?

I am not doing anything to kickstart labor - I don't want it to happen, I have 7 days until my c-section and I am NOT ready!!! :hugs:

I wonder with the baths, usin epsom salts helps to relax muscles etc.. I wonder if that may have an effect?

My OH actually uses epsom salts in his fish tanks when his fish are sick with bloat as it is a laxative apparently?

Yes the salts are a laxative and until recently on here I'd only known of them as being such. They're recommended for clearing out the system before carrying out a gallbladder flush for those with dodgy gallbladders.

:rofl: I looove what everyone is doing to get their LOs out... i'm guessing since we're all still here its not really working though :lol: I'm just thinking that mine will come when he's good and ready, i go for a long walk everrryyy day and he's still not engaging :cry: I dont think any of it will work for me though!!

So they do nothing to bring on labour?

I havent done anything to bring mine on yet. I have wierd feelings she isnt too far away now so am just waiting. If i get to my due date i may try something. Have decided to definatly steer clear of castor oil but may try some other things.

xx

lol who knows if any of it actually works. I think it depends on each person. But its still fun to speculate and try things.

i was on my swing stepper for an hour last night and lost more of my plug :D was delighted!

Ha ha ha luhweez i think you're going to see your little girly soon :yipee:

:rofl: sorry - still laughing about the hoover attachments. :blush:

I'm not full term so not going to try anything untill the end of the month - at which point I'm going to try everything on your list:

Raspberry Leaf
Pineapple
Curries
:sex:
walking
clary sage and lavender essential oil baths
evening primrose on cervix
bouncing / gyrating on birthing ball
relaxing baths
nipple stimulation via breast pump

My whole family were born on the 29th (of different months) so it would be nice if he came around then, or Halloween :devil: so no-one can possibly forget his birthday, lol. Plus by the end of the month I think I'll be bored with my daytime TV regime, lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->