What's going on, need advice urgently ladies. UPDATE: not good news!

Teri7489

Proud mummy
Reaction score
Well i thought i was pregnant as i got a few faint positives and my period was over three weeks late. (i now havent had a period in 8 weeks) I had a multitude of symptoms too so was convinced. Sadly af arrived yesterday so was rather gutted. Now...im in sheer agony. Blood is quite literally pouring out of me. I've used about 14 towels today which are completely saturated and going over my clothes. There are also large clots coming away too. The period pains i am getting are on par with early contractions. What could be going on? After my last GP visit i wont be going back there xxx

I would say that you definitely need to be checked out. Is there a walk in clinic or out of hours doctors you can visit tonight? At the least I would ring NHS direct and get some advice. If you suspect you were pregnant then unfortunately this could be a miscarriage of some kind or may even be an ovarian cyst. I had one of those and bled a lot with the clots with it. It could also be nothing but that amount of bleeding should be checked out.

Just realised that you said you are in pain too. Is the pain one sided? Are you getting any shoulder tip pain?

I have constant shoulder pain - but thats from gallbladder surgery damage so hard to tell. I could phone NHS 24 but likely they will ask me to go to a+e but im on my own with my daughter so cant really. I had something similar when i was 17 and a GP told me it was a miscarriage and to just let it run its course. I was naive, not planning a pregnancy so didnt think much of it. Now that we are ttc im much more concerned about it. The pain is right above my pubic bone and going out toward both hips. Leaning forward seems to ease it slightly. I also keep getting some hot flushes - i had these on and off when i was pregnant with my daughter and that the only time ive ever had them. Got a lovely 14 hour shift to do tomorrow as well :-( xxxx

I would definitely get checked out Hun sounds a lot like a mc . X

If you call your usual doctors (who will most likely be closed) they may have an answer phone message giving you the number for the out of hours doctor. I asked about shoulder tip pain as I was concerned about ectopic pregnancy due to your pain. I really would call NHS 24 and maybe if you explain to them about your daughter they could get someone out to you. This may be absolutely nothing but it's not always worth taking the risk. Please take care xx

Thanks for your help. I'm going to phone nhs 24 as i'm really uncomfortable. What happens if it is a mc? Do they normally just leave things? Do i need to see anyone? Really sorry to be a pest. Thanks for all the help ladies xxx

I've never had a MC or been pregnant for that matter but these clots you are passing what happens if you rub it down in toilet paper does it eventually disappear? I've heard in MCs it doesn't as it is fetal or embryo tissue not sure the correct term. Hope everything's ok :(

Hey ladies, just thought i would let you know that i was/am miscarrying. Seen GP today who looked at what i was passing and said it was deff that. I've to test again in a week or two make sure my system is back to normal. Rather gutted :-( xxx

So sorry doll. Take care of yourself. Get some rest for your body and your mind.

I am so sorry sweetie I know it doesn't seem so right now but everything happens for a reason even the terrible things :( any estimate on how long until you can start trying again (if your emotionally ready of course) sticky baby dust for the next one! Again so sorry for your loss :hugs:

So sorry. I had a mc a couple of months ago so completely know the pain you are feeling. It is awful, both emotionally and physically. It took me a couple of weeks for pregnancy tests to show negative after the main bleeding so please just take care of yourself during this time. xx

Hey ladies, thank you all for being so lovely! I've stopped bleeding now but still having cramps. Test was faint positive yesterday so not going to test again, will do next week. Hubby doesn't seem to understand what this means. His words were 'well it wasnt really a baby so lets not to hung up on it' ...ouch! I know he means that we should accept it and continue trying and he didn't mean to be insensitive but it still hurt. I'm not sure when to start trying again, is there a time you should wait? Will doing it to soon cause it to happen again?? Im scared :-( xxxx

Teri sorry hubby doesn't seem to understand I'm sure he's just trying to take the sting away. I don't want to tell you exactly when you can start trying again but usually when you pass the baby naturally you can start as soon as your feeling up to it (emotionally) I'd ask doc to be sure! Lots of sticky baby dust for the near future sweet pea!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->