what's happened to my milk supply

lmac1

1 m/c starting clomid x 4
Reaction score
Please help!!
I have been breastfeeding my son for 10.5months now (exclusively to 6 months) I have always expressed milk before bed, every night so that i would have milk to mix with his porridge etc the next day and so i could leave a bottle if i had to work one afternoon. All of a sudden though my milk supply seems to have completely dropped? My son still feeds 3 - 4times every day and nothing has really changed in that respect but all of a sudden I can't get more than 0.5 - 1oz of milk from both sides? I was always able to get 3-4oz each night.
can anyone shed any light for me? Why am i unable to pump enough now? I know there is milk there when i'm feeding as I can hear LO swallowing and he has plenty of wet nappies. I know he's near the age of weaning but i'm not ready just yet and not being able to leave an expressed bottle is really worrying me as i'm starting back at work part time and my freezer supplies are running low. Any input would be great. Thank you xx

Are you getting AF? It's common for supply to drop before AF arrives.

Hi,
no idea! I never got AF before i got pregnant (we were fertility treatment) I would doubt that i'm due a period, although you never know.....time for baby number 2?! haha

Any other reasons you know of? thanks you for replying xx

Only other thing I can think of is your pump? How's it working?
It's possible for your milk not to let down if you are suddenly stressing out while pumping, but if you've been doing this for awhile (and your baby is old enough that the routine seems pretty stable) that seems unlikely. I'd really think it was some kind of hormonal thing like getting AF.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->