• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

whats happened to my ovulation!

hoping 4 bump

Reaction score
Hi girls,

i have a 23 day cycle and came off my period Monday just gone. I started testing with my ovulation sticks last Friday and have been testing every day since but haven't had a positive result yet!!! however i did have some really stretchy CM last night and a bit today so am wondering if i am ovulating and for some reason teh test hasn't shown a positive yet? i'm starting to be worreid by it now as i really want to conceive.

Any help/similar experiences would be welcomed...

thansk girls x:thumbup:

I must have used 100 ov sticks and never had even so much as a faint line on any brand. One day I tried it at 9.30am with 2nd wee of the day and lo and behold a positive! :thumbup: Everywhere I read kept saying test between 2pm and 8pm but it seems 9-10am is the magical time for me. I also found that I can get a positive at 9.30am, then no line whatsoever later on (most people would then say their surge had ended) then again another positive the next day at 9.30am. I told my friend this who was also struggling to get lines and she got her positive as well :rofl: Lucky she did or she would have missed her surge.
I also find that the good stretch CM starts coming about a week before ov (for me anyway). Good luck I will be interested to see if it works for you too.

I found that i needed to test twice a day, i usually tested around lunchtime, and then again early evening. It is perfectly normal to have the odd cycle where you don't ovulate.

Sorry meant to ask, do you usually Ov so soon in your cycle or when you say monday just gone do you not mean the 14th? I'm a bit confused at to the date your cycle started and when you started testing.

You might just have a very short lh surge before you ovulate given you have a short cycle and its probably just a matter of missing it by testing at the wrong time. I would also suggest testing twice a day to pick it up. It could also be that you are not O'ing this cycle which is normal, we all have them once in awhile, frustrating when you are ttc! If you bd every couple of days you are sure to get enough of the little guys in there anyway. Also being that your cycle is so short, your lh surge probably happens quite early after af finishes, so Friday may have been too late to pick it up since it can occur sometimes 24-36 hours before you ovulate. Good luck hun!:hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"