What's happening with my dog? :(

Discussion in 'General Chatter' started by Kimmer, Apr 17, 2009.

1. Kimmer

Kimmer Mummy to a beautiful baby

I've got a miniture Jack Russell living at my mums.

We've noticed she now can't seem to control when she pee's. Everytime she gets up from anywhere, there's a big wet patch.

She's only 2 and a half so its not age..

Any one have any idea?

2. lyndsey3010

lyndsey3010 Mummy of two boys

Has she been spade? My boxer girl developed incontinence after she was spade, its apparently very common. There's a wonderful drug out there called Propalin, drops that you add to food and it controls it perfectly.
    The vet will probably check her kidney function first to make sure that it is nothing more sinister, but if it is just plain old incontinence, then defo ask about propalin. She will start on a low dose, maybe just a couple of drops in each meal, and then you can increase it as and when necessary.
    Good luck and keep us posted
    XX

3. Def sounds like a health problem rather than a behavioural one. Vets might be in order.

4. avabear73

avabear73 Mum to Finlay

I would take her to the vet - perhaps she has a urine infection or something?

5. Laura--x

Laura--x Guest

She could have an infection or something, my dog went a few days where she just kept squatting and weeing anywhere and everywhere, the first few times we told her off and threw her out ( she had just been toilet trained ), but then as hours passed i knew something was wrong, so i took her to the vet and she had a water infection x

6. Kimmer

Kimmer Mummy to a beautiful baby

Thanks for your replies. I first thought of some kind of infection. I heard its commong with medium to large dogs that have been spayed. Mines a teeeeny tiny thing that hasn't yet been spayed.

I'm taking her to the vets on Wednesday when I get money.

Really hope its something that can be sorted!