What's the chances?

gemgem77

Reaction score
Hubby works away Monday to Friday so ttc number 2 is not going to be easy! ! Got a smiley face on clear blue ov test on Wednesday but couldn't dtd untill Friday and Saturday. Have I likely missed my window this cycle?

Im not 100 percnt sure how those work, but my friend is using one and says you get a faded smiley face a few days before your about to ovulate and a dark one on your ovulation date. so if you got a faded one wednesday maybe youll have your peak day friday which would work out perfectly!

Like pp said, it really depends when you ovulate. The smiley indicates an lh surge and you can ovulate any time up to 48 hours after your surge. If you're temping you'll be able to see exactly when you ovulate and then I think you've got 24 hours after that for the egg to be viable for fertilisation (bare in mind sperm can take up to 6 hours to reach the fallopian tubes) Sorry loads of numbers there, it really takes the romance out of it :haha: As long as you're having unprotected sex around the time of ovulation, you're always in with a chance. Good luck x x

I agree with the PP. Once you get a positive OPK it only means your surge is happening. If you look at my chart in my signature you'll see I got two positive OPKs on days 16 and 17, but I didn't ovulate until day 19. If it doesn't happent his cycle, maybe consider charting next time so you feel more confident about when you're ovulating. It's also possible to have a surge and then for your body to not ovulate yet, but try again in a week or so. By charting you can feel more confiden in what's going on.

Good luck.

x

Thanks very much girls. With dd I was charting so think I might start doing it again so like you say I can see what's going on!:) x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->