what's the deal with amber necklaces??

wishingonastar

Reaction score
i've seen these mentioned loads...am i right in thinking they're for teething? are they better than teething toys then? :confused:

I just bought one for Charlotte, she wears it round her neck as the amber is meant to be a natural analgesic. She still uses teething rings and toys to bite on but ther has been a dramatic reduction in the drooling and whinging!

The traditional beaded amber necklaces imported from the Baltic region are believed to have calming, healing and uplifting effects and may help children who are dealing with inflammation, pain or stress.
Wearing Baltic Amber close to the skin is a traditional European remedy. Amber is a natural analgesic and may help calm a child who is stressed, nervous or in pain without the use of drugs. Amber is traditionally known to have calming, anti-inflammatory, analgesic (pain relief), soothing and uplifting properties and may help children who are dealing with inflammation, pain or stress. Amber is believed to reduce inflammation of the throat, ear and stomach. Traditionally used to fight inflammation, it is known to be healing, soothing and harmonizing.

Hayden's has helped him soooo much!! He does still chew on his hands occasionally but for the most part the necklace is all we use and he's in no pain or anything anymore

Its to do with the oils in the amber. Because its tree sap, not stone, when its warmed by the skin it releases trace amounts of oils that are absorbed to help relieve pain etc as described ChloesMummy.

I've just bought one and waiting for it to arrive :)

i was just wondered this and have a few questions:

Where did everyone get theirs from? does the colour of the beads make any difference?

I got mine from eBay,as far as I'm aware the colours don't make any difference (but I could be wrong) and I think I paid £10 Inc postage there was cheaper ones as well x

i wasn't sure if the colours made a difference or not so I got a multi coloured one. I suppose the different colours have different proportions of 'stuff' in? very scientific of me, lol!
I got mine sfrom ebay too xx

I have one for sale girls, mixed colour beads, £5 inc. postage. Only tried on and taken back off.

I think the creamy colour are meant to be the best but don't hold me to that?

PM me if you're interested?

x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"