whats the deal with the water in the the bottles?!

DonnaBallona

newlyweds!
Reaction score
Im just making up Brookes night feeds. . . when she has her bottles tonight, they'll be ready with the water boiled then cooled waiting in the bottles and the powder seperatly measured out and ready to roll.

My question is, do I have to keep the water in the fridge downstairs till its feed time? or can I keep it next to my bed at room temperature until feed time? :blush:

TIA xx

i dont know the 'correct' answer hun but i take the cooled water upstairs with me..hubby works nights and i hate coming downstairs once ive gone up(big wuss am scared of the dark)

i personally dont see the problem in it its sterile water going into a sterile airtight bottle..the only prob would be if you added the powder then bacteria would grow

hope this makes sense xx

I've always kept my bottles at room temperature and it has never done Erin any harm. My midwife advised it as Erin didn't actually like her milk warmed up.
Some people say to keep it in the fridge and then heat it up as its supposed to kill any bacteria in the milk powder.
Personally I prefered to have them at room temperature by my bed as it was so much easier when feeding at night. xx

I have always done that. I pre pour the bottles and store them on the counter till I need them.

Just a question to the ladies who add powder to room temp water - does the powder always disolve ok? I tried adding it to non warmed water once and it had clumps that didn't disolve! I shook it really well but it still didn't help until I warmed it up and then shook again.

i always warm the water before i put the milk in ..just a couple of mins in a jug of boiling water is enough..i had the same prob with room temp water it didnt dissolve...luckily archie prefers his bottles warm

although archie is on soya milk which is harder to dissolve anyway so am not sure for other milks

I've always kept mine at room temperature next to me. If you put it in the fridge you have to also heat it up again. As long as you keep the powder seperate I think that's fine :)

I keep the water at room temp and serve it like that. Never had problem with milk powder not dissolving (SMA gold)

yeah my bottles are at room temp, and never had problems yet with powder dissolving.

When I sterilize Jaydens bottles in the morning I boil the kettle and by the time I have washed and sterilized them its been a good 25 mins and I find that the water is at a good temperature to make up the bottles as its not boiling but still hot enough to dissolve all the powder. I make up all the bottles and then leave on the side to cool so when Jayden needs a bottle I just need to grab it and feed him, I have always given my children their bottles at room temperature, makes it so much easier when out and about and at night time too, I know some people dont like doing it this way but its been ok with my children

i do the same as claire.... warm bottles are just a preferance and hospitals give you room temp pre made bottles anyway, so cant be that bad.

im the same with claire to i make bottles up 4 the day and make the bottle before i go to bed for the night, my mum done it with her kids and her newborn *shes only 40 lol* but havent had any problems with Adrhianna
xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->