Whats the difference between ICSI and IVF?

ihavefaith

Reaction score
Hi everyone! i have recently been told our only option is IVF!Due to Severe Endo and blocked tube. We have decided to go ahead with it. Im curious as its all new to me. What is ICSI? Verses just IVF? And what does blastocysts mean?
Anyone?
Anyone else Going throught IVF with Severe endo?
thanks ladies!!!

Hey Sweetie,

Usually icsi is reserved for male factor infertility or unexplained fertility where ivf has failed previously. Sperm is injected to centre of egg with icsi rather than allowed to dance around the petri dish like in ivf, hence if your man has lazy sperm or abnormal shapes this would be preferred as like me & dh you wouldn't stand much chance in ivf. Hope this helps hun xx

Hi

i think i have already told you but i have the same as you, found out 6 weeks ago. Blocked tube, severe endo and ivf

have also been told my uterus is not normal , im high risk of having ectopic preg and cant give birth naturally, it will be c-section

ill be strting ivf in jan, have my appts nect week...

Just wanted to wish you luck for whenever you start x

Blastocysts means they leave the embryo to develop for longer (if it works) if it does then you have a higher chance of bfp. Normally embryos are out in after 2-3 days, a blast is put in after 5 days i think

thats my understanding

Hi

i think i have already told you but i have the same as you, found out 6 weeks ago. Blocked tube, severe endo and ivf

have also been told my uterus is not normal , im high risk of having ectopic preg and cant give birth naturally, it will be c-section

ill be strting ivf in jan, have my appts nect week...

Just wanted to wish you luck for whenever you start x

Thanks so much for sharing with me! And yes you may have told me already!!lol im all over the place trying to get used to this site! :wacko:So you have severe Endo level 4? and tube blockage? Did they have you go on a supressant before you start IVF? Im so excited to do it but also very nervous!!! :happydance:Maybe we can keep each other up to date and share our experiences through this?
:hugs:

hi, i have faith ( i wish i did )

i havent started ivf, i ahve my 1st appt on monday 21st in Norway and 23rd in London.I guess they will tell me these things then

But listen i have just found out i have bacterial vaginosis - and i have done some reading on this ( as you do...my 24/7 doctor..GOOGLE) and there is stuff about this and tubal damage. Have a read of my journal i have just posted on there

I would LOVE to keep in touch, i got your friend request but dont really know what to do with it as never used it before - i sound about 100 years old..

when are you starting you IVF?

Oh i also have a problem with my uterus ( read the journal-mposted yesterday i think) and am goign for my HSG on 30th...have u had one?

hi, i have faith ( i wish i did )

i havent started ivf, i ahve my 1st appt on monday 21st in Norway and 23rd in London.I guess they will tell me these things then

But listen i have just found out i have bacterial vaginosis - and i have done some reading on this ( as you do...my 24/7 doctor..GOOGLE) and there is stuff about this and tubal damage. Have a read of my journal i have just posted on there

I would LOVE to keep in touch, i got your friend request but dont really know what to do with it as never used it before - i sound about 100 years old..

when are you starting you IVF?

Oh i also have a problem with my uterus ( read the journal-mposted yesterday i think) and am goign for my HSG on 30th...have u had one?

LOL!! Your not old! Im getting used to this myself. I think you may be a little further into then me, i go for my first Supressant(she wants to supress my ovaries until my appt for IVF, so my Endo doesnt grow as she just burnt most of it out at my Lap surgery). So i will be menopausal for 2 to 3 cycles and then suppose to go for IVF. She doesnt do the IVF treatments, so shes refered us to her Friend that does and he told her hed see me right away. So the good news is i shouldnt have to wait long. Im just so nervous. I pray its going to work!!
I had BV a few years ago! they gave me meds for it , and it went away never had it since. i dont know if they could give you something at this point or not? I was told to use and anitbacterial body soap, dont have baths for a while, Wear cotton undies and loose clothing..etc.. that type of thing.
Hope that helps.:thumbup:
Yes let me know what happens at your appts and i will do the same, going to read your journal!:coffee:
ttys!:hugs:

yea she said i will have to have antibiotics :(

good that u are getting prepare for the IVF...it can only be positive.fingers crossed xx

Hi Muncho,
Just reading ur post and u mentioned bacterial vaginosis, i thought i had this a couple of years ago but doctor said it was strep b. Just thinking if this is linked to my blocked tubes....surey it can't be a coincidence!! :shrug:

if the BV gets bad it leads to PID )pelvic infalammotory Disease. You dont necessarliy have symptoms for PID but it can spread to the uterus, cerix and tubes and therefore cuase damage. So who knows for me it could be the BV or PID that caused it..

yea she said i will have to have antibiotics :(

good that u are getting prepare for the IVF...it can only be positive.fingers crossed xx

Good, hope it clears up for you then. Mine has never come back!
Yes prepare trying to have an idea of what will happen!:hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->