What's the easiest way to get an 8 month old to open their mouth???

BabyJ'sMummy

Reaction score
My 8 month old is in at absolutely everything!! I keep thinking that I've baby proofed the livingroom and then I catch him picking up the tiniest bit of paper or fluff off of the floor and putting it in his mouth. I'll try and open his mouth but he just clamps his mouth shut! Anyone else had this problem? How do you get them to open their mouths??? x

I just wiggle my finger until it goes in. If he doesn't let me then there isn't much i can do and i figure i hoover often enough for it not to be anything that will do him any harm. Maybe that's not the best opinion to have but short of pinching his nose i don't know what else there is!

I just leave him if it's just a bit of fluff. He spits it out on his own once he realizes it's not food.

If it's something that needs getting out I hold him on his back over my knee so his head is upside down and he tends to open it. Sometimes I apply gentle pressure to either side of his mouth with thumb and finger otherwise.

If i need Hazel to open her mouth then i hold her nose for a second, does the trick!! x

I just leave him if it's just a bit of fluff. He spits it out on his own once he realizes it's not food.

If it's something that needs getting out I hold him on his back over my knee so his head is upside down and he tends to open it. Sometimes I apply gentle pressure to either side of his mouth with thumb and finger otherwise.

That sounds like it might work. I know there isn't anything dangerous about the floor but I just always worry anyway, guess it's just being a mummy!! x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->