What's the next step!?

Fadetoblack

Reaction score
Just got my first positive pregnant test yesterday morning. Confirmed this Morning with another one and also positive.

I am only around 11dpo.

When should I call the doctor to make an appointment? What should I be doing now?

This is our first pregnancy

In uk i book appt arounf 6w to confirm pregnancy then i fill out form that is passed onto midwife who gets in contact. Normally 1st appt is 8-10w then your scan is booked for between 11-14w.

Process can be different in each county

I'm in Canada and with a first pregnancy it is a similar routine. Call GP to confirm and they refer to an OBGYN. First appt is usually around 11-12 weeks where they book for the first scan. If you are unsure of your dates they will send you for a scan when you first go to GP to confirm. An OB will not see you before 12 weeks for any reason.

With my first child I called my GP the next working day (I was 5 weeks pregnant at the time) they then booked me in to see the midwife. I'm in the uk.

Congratulations btw!! I also had a positive test yesterday so I'll be phoning tomorrow x

Just phone up your doctor hun and make an appointment to get it all confirmed and then they will send a letter to the hospital who sends u out a letter with a scan date well that's how we work in northern ireland i found out i was preg at 4 weeks and had an appoinment for 6 weeks was closest they could fit me in and i got a lettet around 8 weeks for my scan which is in 2 weeks ill be 12 weeka :) btw congratulations xxx

I called my gp the next day to get it confirmed and get info on what to do. He said you need to see a dr every 4 weeks (I was around 4 weeks when got bfp). So he referred me to ob and had my first prenatal apt at around 8 weeks.

Hi and congrats.
I'm in uk. My gp doesn't confirm it, they just take your word. I made an appointment to see midwife straight away but it wasn't til 8 weeks. She then made scan app for 12 wks.
I think everywhere has different procedures but def ring gp to ask.
Xx

At my surgery you just phone and make an appointment with the midwife, you don't have to see the GP. I had an appointment at 5+2 but could have been the week before but i couldn't go that day. They only do appointments on a Wednesday afternoon. I'm in the uk.

We are in USA

We will call our obgyn tomorrow and see what step they want us to take next I guess

I'm in the U.S. as well, usually depending on what type of insurance you have you just pick an ob you want to see and they typically get you in for your first scan/initial appointment around 8 weeks! Until then, go get a good over the counter prenatal if you haven't already and take it everyday! Rainbow light is a very good whole food prenatal that is very gentle on your digestive system! Congrats!

I'm uk, getting to see midwife for the first tomorrow at nearly nine weeks. I booked straight in with her, not the gp.

Yes I have been taking the prenatal for about a month prior to positive test so I will def be continuing.

Thank you!

Just wanna know everything is going good at 12 weeks. I want to get out of the woods here. Nerve racking

Congratulations

I have an appointment at 8 weeks with the mw xxx

I'm in the uk and didn't need to see the gp just booked straight in with the midwife who the refers you to your chosen hospital. Then get a letter from hospital inviting you for your first appointment/scan x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->