What's the problem? Re: swimming/waterbabies

kirstylm

Reaction score
So I've been taking LO to waterbabies for the past 10 weeks. She's been loving it so much up till the last 4 weeks.

she's teething and it's at 9.15am so she is tired too towards the end of the lesson so I was putting it own to that.

Basically she's been crying a lot lately in the pool, we do u underwater swims which used to not bother her but now she doesn't like them.
Today daddy took her in the pool for the first time and she cried before she even got in the pool. :-( had to ge her out half way thru as she was so upset.

Do u think she's just tired, or sore gums, or do u think she genuinely has taken a sudden dislike to the water. She loves baths and loves splish splashing in the pool it's just the further into the class she gets real upset.

It's the last lesson for this term nxt wk and I have signe up to the nxt class but should we cancel?? I really don't want to bit I want her to enjoy it. :-(

If Nate is tired he hates the pool. If he's just slept he's happy as can be. What time does she wake in the morning? Nate wakes between 6:30-7 and usually is ready for a nap by 9:30 so i dont dare take him swimming in the morning.

If Nate is tired he hates the pool. If he's just slept he's happy as can be. What time does she wake in the morning? Nate wakes between 6:30-7 and usually is ready for a nap by 9:30 so i dont dare take him swimming in the morning.

She wakes at 8am and has a nap and bottle at 10.45am. Swim class starts at 9.15 for half hr but I have to wake her at 7.45am as it's a half hr drive to get there. So it's not like she's awake much earlier.

Maybe I should try get into an afternoon class? It's just our instructor is fab and he only does wk end morning till lunch time classes.

I would perservere otherwise she may develop a dislike of water long term

She wakes at 8am and has a nap and bottle at 10.45am. Swim class starts at 9.15 for half hr but I have to wake her at 7.45am as it's a half hr drive to get there. So it's not like she's awake much earlier.

Maybe I should try get into an afternoon class? It's just our instructor is fab and he only does wk end morning till lunch time classes.

All babies are different but Nate sleeps loads in the morning (this morning 10-11:30) and just has a short cat nap in the afternoon (30 mins) so afternoon is definatly his best time. Although your LO used to like water babies in the morning so i dont really know. :shrug:

I would perservere otherwise she may develop a dislike of water long term

that's what I said to hubby as he thinks it's not worth going next term ad she doesn't seem to be liking it much. I said as she gets older she won't need as much nap time so she will enjoy it more too.

Her sinuses and ears might be bothering her if she's teething and the underwater swims may be causing her pain or discomfort. Just a thought. :shrug:

Thanks Hivechild I think ur prob right there. It seems that she has a bit of a cold today too as he's sneezing a lot now too. Poor little mite

My LO did exactly the same thing. Probably around the same age too!
She used to cry through most of the lesson and because the instructor didn't want to push her with doing to much she suggested we went to a class in the week too (for free) We only went to a couple of extra classes the 1st one she still screamed the whole time but the 2nd one was a bit better. We just kept at it and eventually she started to cry less and less, now she's loving it again and the dunks are now what she's best at, doesn't bother her one bit now!

Also teething can really effect them when in the pool especially doing back floating.

So stick it out, its probably just a wobbly stage :thumbup:

My LO did exactly the same thing. Probably around the same age too!
She used to cry through most of the lesson and because the instructor didn't want to push her with doing to much she suggested we went to a class in the week too (for free) We only went to a couple of extra classes the 1st one she still screamed the whole time but the 2nd one was a bit better. We just kept at it and eventually she started to cry less and less, now she's loving it again and the dunks are now what she's best at, doesn't bother her one bit now!

Also teething can really effect them when in the pool especially doing back floating.

So stick it out, its probably just a wobbly stage :thumbup:

D'ya know what, she used to love the back float but only since shes been teething she hates it, so glad u said that.
Also she wont sleep on her back in the day too she will only sleep on her front so that may be the reason.
Thanks for that hun xxxxx:thumbup:

your welcome:thumbup:, there was a stage in our class where none of the babies would do back floating :dohh:

They hate floating on their backs at some developmental stages, I would try to persevere. Also is the pool warm enough? xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->