What's the weirdest question someone asked you about your pregnancy?

BadMamaJAMA

Reaction score
As a work meeting was starting, one of my socially awkward colleagues asked me, "Where are you going to keep the baby?"

The way she worded it made me soooo tempted to answer, "Oh, y'know, in a dresser drawer, I guess. Or maybe a kitchen cabinet." :haha:

That probably takes first place. In second place, another coworker asked last week, "Is there a possibility that there could be more than one at this stage?"

...I'm 5 months in. If there were another baby somehow, it's hiding somewhere near my colon. And that, coworker, is none of your business. :dohh:

What's the weirdest questions someone has asked YOU so far?

That's so funny, I've had multiple people ask me if there's a possibility that I have twins even though I'm not that big.....trying to explain to them that one of my three ultra-sounds would have shown that, just doesn't cut it, they still think there's a chance! So weird.

Other than the typical twin question, the only one I find strange is when my in laws ask me "so...does she kick?" and it's not that it's an odd question in itself; it's that they ask me EVERY TIME they see me even if it's 3-4 times a day in the stairwell or the garden :wacko:

If I run into them 5 times a day, they'll ask 5 times :haha: makes no sense to me! :haha: I'd understand it if they asked "is she kicking now?" or "is she awake?" because they want to feel her moving around...otherwise it's just random.

I've not had any weird questions yet but yesterday when I announced my pregnancy to my work colleagues one of them said "well done!" Which I thought was a bit of an odd thing to say :haha:

Not during pregnancy, but when my son was a few days old, a neighbor came by to see him and said, "oh how sweet, he is already opening his eyes!" Lol, its a human, not a kitten!!!

Not during pregnancy, but when my son was a few days old, a neighbor came by to see him and said, "oh how sweet, he is already opening his eyes!" Lol, its a human, not a kitten!!!

Oh my GOD my FIL said this about my daughter :dohh: :haha:

:haha::haha: LOL some people just blurt out the weirdest things without thinking about them :haha: that's hilarious!

A girl at toddler club actually asked "will you keep it even if its another boy?"

Yep, seriously!

Just this evening, my husband's friend asked "What are you going to do when your vagina is all ruined and stretched out?"
The guy is kind of a jack-ass in general (luckily he lives out of town!) so I responded with a joke about passing on my "wifely duties" to him and how his rear door was tighter than I have ever been. (Getting angry/indignant would have just goaded him into being much worse)

To top it off, when everyone was laughing another friend came over (a girl) and asked what it was and I repeated what the guy had asked. She was like "Oh! What will you do?". Like genuinely asking. Oh brother!

"does the baby kick when you're having sex?"
"how big are your boobs now?"
"do you think you look sexy pregnant?"

thanks tumblr :'/

I have a former preacher at work who asks me every day if my baby's moving around a lot today. I'm not married and I just think pregnancy is really personal. What am I supposed to say? "Yup, my illegitimate daughter is ramming her head into my cervix as we speak." He doesn't mean anything by it, but it makes me super uncomfortable. I also have shit social skills, so that doesn't help.

I have been asked (lots) was the baby a surprise? Because I am 40 obviously shouldn't be planning a baby then???

Also asked where the baby will sleep, from people who I work with, and don't know if I live in a shoes box or a castle tbh; and honestly why??

And yesterday ;''what are you gonna do when you have 5 babies OMG????'' - I am only having 1 baby, my other children are 3, 11 16 and 19 and well I will do exactly the same as I do now, except I will have a baby in the house again (bfeeding nappies etc) lol

xxx

I teach and one day at lunch we were having a bbq for our kids. I was eating a hot dog and the principal came and asked me if it was good for the baby that i was eating a hot dog. :dohh:

On another time, he asked me if i was going to make it to my due date because "you're getting pretty huge"

MEN!

I was asked if my husband 'thinks' he is the father. Erm....no, he knows he is the father.

We had fertility issues so there is a small part of me that can understand the thoughts behind the question but if the fertility issues were with hubby, he would know if we used a donor and seeing as the issues lie with me and person in question knows this, there was no need for a donor.

And even if there was, what does it matter? Who's business is it?

I was asked if my husband 'thinks' he is the father. Erm....no, he knows he is the father.

We had fertility issues so there is a small part of me that can understand the thoughts behind the question but if the fertility issues were with hubby, he would know if we used a donor and seeing as the issues lie with me and person in question knows this, there was no need for a donor.

And even if there was, what does it matter? Who's business is it?

I wouldn't worry, I was out with hubby & lo and an old lady asked who his dad is. I told her it was my husband who was currently holding him and she said "there's no way that baby is his, he looks a bit black and that child is almost ginger" before walking off in disgust!

Someone asked me today if it's fun.

...Yeah...

I actually don't know about that one. Haha!

I got asked by my aunt yesterday, "sooo... Those things producing milk yet?"
The silence was awkward in itself, much less answering with a "no, not yet" for her to reply with, "well that's odd."

I thought the question was more odd than me saying they aren't producing yet!!

I want to change my answer. I had a guy from high school that I reconnected with today (he's been in the military and I've been in school) ask me about my "urges"... He has a wife and baby of his own, so I think he was trying to make conversation but I was just like uhhh.... Good talking to ya!

That seems a little far too personal for him to be interested in!! Lol I wonder if people really think nothing of it when they're asking these things

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->