What's the weirdest question someone asked you about your pregnancy?

Maybe it's just me but.... I find it really weird people ask
"Are you excited?!"
EVERYONE asked me that when we found out it was a girl. I think it's something people say when they don't know what else to say? And I know they obviously mean no harm by it, they are just excited for me. But it just makes me feel like I am not acting excited enough (I am kind of shy and I might be jumping for joy on the inside and acting calm on the outside). I'm just like "Yeah haha" and smile. Lol I feel like they want me to rip out of my shell and jump up and down :haha:
It's probably just me :p But OF COURSE I'm excited! It seems like a silly question :p

Not so much a question but a statement.

We are in the middle of having quite a large extension built on our property and it's common knowledge around the village. There is this one Dad at the school who always asks me things I don't know his names, I don't speak to him he just randomly turns around and will ask me a question :shrug:

Anyway he said to me 'Your extension is going up now, with all the extra space you'll be able to have another kid' :dohh::dohh:

I just looked at him, looked at the sky, looked at my friend and walked off.

Now if it wasn't obvious I was pregnant I could understand it, apart from the fact it's a damn rude assumption to make about anyone but 5th baby, no muscle tone whatsoever, very clear obvious bump :dohh:

As we were walking home, I said to my friend I wonder if he thinks I ate a basketball? :shrug:

Not relevent but the extension hasn't even been done with the baby in mind, it's been done to add a downstairs bedroom and bathroom for my wheelchair bound son :dohh: This is also common knowledge around the village :rofl:

I don't mind being asked how I'm feeling. But the same women asks me almost every single day, "so...how are you feeling?". :dohh: LOL

This is the same woman who about 3 weeks ago told me: "if you feel tired now, you don't know what's about to hit you. It'll be horrible, you'll be so tired, and not know what to do. So enjoy your time now since you're going to be so tired." Gee...thanks? :shrug:

Maybe it's just me but.... I find it really weird people ask
"Are you excited?!"
:p

I know..of course we're excited. What do they expect..us to say "no I'm not..this is going to suck"? Lol

I've had to respond to this a lot. I have zero shame around nosey strangers. My usual is a blank stare, awkward pause, followed by a puzzled, "Should I be?". If they let me get another awkward pause in, I like to follow with, "Are... you excited?" with a concerned hand on their arm, but they usually take the opportunity to express how excited I should be and I just go "Oh. Okay." with a very serious face on and continue to stare at them with a blank or mildly puzzled expression until they go away. It works better when DH isn't with me hanging his face in his hands.
DS also reliably responds "no" to most questions unless he definitely means 'yes', so I like to include him as much as possible by asking him if he's excited when we get this question and letting him shake his head and say "no".
So much fun to mess with people.

^^LOL Awesome!

Oh, I'd love to see their reactions, or know what they said to you afterwards. haha

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->