What's the weirdest question someone asked you about your pregnancy?

I announced my pregnancy at work today. Most people were really pleased for me however one co-worker said 'OMG that is awful, what are you going to do?'

I thought I was lucky with just touching, until today...4 , yes FOUR, women have randomly come up to me, asked when I'm due, then said some variant of "It hurts like no pain you've ever felt before, you'll never be the same again."
With dead serious faces....seriously? I want to hear that? One of them was right after telling her that there's a chance I'm going to be induced early...cheers for that!
Oh and "Are you sure it's not twins?"..."Yes, my 6 scans have confirmed there is only one sprog in there."...."Are you sure? One could be hiding behind the other one...you're just too big to only have one baby in there."

Oh, piss off you bunch of meanies.

On a picture of my niece (from OH's side of the family) my brother asked me "when did you have him"

I was 26 weeks pregnant. If I had had my baby and for some reason not told my brother he would have been tiny and in the hospital not 7lb and sat on my MIL's couch :dohh:

My friends asked me if I still shave my privates... not so elegantly. Yeah. We have no boundaries. :rofl:

As soon as I announced it to my younger brother he asked if it was a boy or a girl! He's 21. I literally just peed on the stick! LOL.

I don't know whether this counts but my midwife came for the first time last week me and my son answered the door to her and invited her in... She pointed to him and said 'that ones not yours is it?!' I replied yes and she said oh how brave. I found it so rude!

I don't know whether this counts but my midwife came for the first time last week me and my son answered the door to her and invited her in... She pointed to him and said 'that ones not yours is it?!' I replied yes and she said oh how brave. I found it so rude!

WTF? I'm not surprised you found it so rude, IT IS rude! :growlmad: I'm so cross for you !

WTF? I'm not surprised you found it so rude, IT IS rude! :growlmad: I'm so cross for you !

Thank you! I'm glad I wasn't overreacting I then had to sit with her for an hour writing the booking forms! The worst thing about it was she was my midwife for my son too she said she didn't remember me at all!!

I announced my pregnancy at work today. Most people were really pleased for me however one co-worker said 'OMG that is awful, what are you going to do?'

LOL Wtf?

I know its not funny, but that just makes my head spin. Who says something like that?? :wacko:

LOL Wtf?

I know its not funny, but that just makes my head spin. Who says something like that?? :wacko:

I guess because people know we have been married for 15 years they assume baby was an accident. The fact that it has taken that long for it to happen I guess is unusual.

One of my co-workers said i was way too young for a baby and another said oh no i think you have left it too late and i will find it too difficult!

I'm 30 in a couple of weeks!

DH - Are you going to have an epidural?
Me - I don't know, but I think it's likely, I don't want to deal with the pain.
DH - Are you sure because if it goes wrong you could be paralysed?
Me - Are you fucking stupid?!
DH - Not my finest question?
Me - NO!

Not so weird or stupid but I wanted to share! We went out to dinner with some friends last night and announced our pregnancy to them, various questions and comments came up throughout the night but when then one of the guys started to say things about the birth...

Friend: So Rach, have you got the whole birth thought out then, are you going to do the whole pushy shovey thing.
Me: Yeah, I hope so
Friend: Or are you having a hot tub
Me: Oh, yes that would be lovely
Friend: With whale music
Me: Sure why not, I'll get a dolphin in the tub with me as well
Friend: Oooh and all the drugs you can have. No epidural, yes have the epidural.. Blah blah
Me: Would it be alright if we don't talk about this *gives OH a look of despair*
OH: You're going to be fine
Me: Yes. I know I am
Friend: Ah you don't want to think about it or have us talking about it
Me: We're talking about me pushing something out of my VAGINA so it's not really what I want to discuss over the dinner table

The conversation ended instantly :D

I love these kinda threads for the pregnancy insomnia nights!

I must be very intimidating looking cause at 36 weeks not one person has touched my belly uninvited! If it happened I had planned on just placing my hand gently on their own belly and smiling until they became uncomfortable...kind sorry I didn't get a chance to do this :haha:

Also haven't had anything inappropriate said that stands out. My own mother likes to remind me how painful labour is, saying things like "it doesn't matter if it's 7lb or 10lb it's gona hurt like nothing else either way". She's a real gem.

On Friday, I treated myself to a *decaf* soy peppermint latte.

On my way into the office, a woman on the street asked, "Are you having a baby?"

I happily answered yes, and she retorted, "...and you're drinking COFFEE?!"

I explained to her that it was decaf... and she warned me that, "I drank a lot of Pepsi when I was pregnant and now my two year old is hyper all the time."

She must be the only person in the world with a hyper toddler. I pity her.

Can you feel my sarcasm? I'm not sure if I'm laying it on thick enough. Sheesh, people are weird, haha.

Got a new one at the weekend.

"So, almost there! Still sure you want to do this?!"
"Nooooo, I think it's a terrible idea, that's why I've waited until I was thirty four weeks pregnant and spending a fortune on buggies before I thought maybe I should do something about it..."

I'm sarky when I'm NOT hormonal, apparently pregnancy makes me worse! ;)

Zuki - what exactly do they think the other option is? Magic wand?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->