• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

What's the weirdest question someone asked you about your pregnancy?

Zuki - what exactly do they think the other option is? Magic wand?

Maybe I should click the heels of those shiny shiny red ruby slippers I keep in the back of my wardrobe, right next to the lamppost in the snow... *sigh* God knows, and no idea why they'd think I'd have changed my mind about anything! Can't wait to meet my little boy!

:haha: I love it

I know this is a thread about stupid questions/comments but that has actually floored me! Maybe I need to add this thread to the list of things that I shouldn't read because it is starting to make me mad :haha:

Got a new one at the weekend.

"So, almost there! Still sure you want to do this?!"
"Nooooo, I think it's a terrible idea, that's why I've waited until I was thirty four weeks pregnant and spending a fortune on buggies before I thought maybe I should do something about it..."

I'm sarky when I'm NOT hormonal, apparently pregnancy makes me worse! ;)

Haha, I can see how that could be a question asked in jest (I hope!). Reminded me of the last line in that Sylvia Plath poem:

I'm a riddle in nine syllables,
An elephant, a ponderous house,
A melon strolling on two tendrils.
O red fruit, ivory, fine timbers!
This loaf's big with its yeasty rising.
Money's new-minted in this fat purse.
I'm a means, a stage, a cow in calf.
I've eaten a bag of green apples,
Boarded the train there's no getting off.

When I told my Grandfather I was pregnant (I found out in october) his live-in friend( A WOMAN!) said "will you have it this year?"

UH. No... a pregnancy is 9 months, not 3. LOL.

I told my sister today...

Her first response was "I didn't think it would ever happen after this long."

Umm... okay, but we have been ttc for 8 years so obviously we wanted it and have been trying.

Then she says... "But I wanted to have the first grandbaby. You have done everything first."

And then... as if that wasn't bad enough she has been married for two months. "I am late, I would be due August 8th."

I was just like wth man. We have tried for 8 YEARS. Please make this about you because for once this IS my moment. I have waited so long to say "I'm pregnant!" to the world.

I told my sister today...

Her first response was "I didn't think it would ever happen after this long."

Umm... okay, but we have been ttc for 8 years so obviously we wanted it and have been trying.

Then she says... "But I wanted to have the first grandbaby. You have done everything first."

And then... as if that wasn't bad enough she has been married for two months. "I am late, I would be due August 8th."

I was just like wth man. We have tried for 8 YEARS. Please make this about you because for once this IS my moment. I have waited so long to say "I'm pregnant!" to the world.
Wow, she completely stomped on your moment. Congratulations!!!
I don't think I could handle that kind of sourness without telling her she needs to stop being a selfish little brat. If she is pregnant it'll be nice for yu two to share the moments together but you need to be a little strategic about things, she's thinking about number one and only. Keep the names you choose to yourself and if you think she'll upstage your baby shower keep that under wraps as well. :wacko:

Big hugs Krissie! Congrats on the pregnancy! I hope you get better reactions from others! That wasn't very fair of your sister to react that way.

Yea she is a pretty big brat. This is the same sister that didn't invite our mom to her wedding. When I asked why she said, "I am sure it is all a misunderstanding but I am not going to play her games." From my perspective she is in the wrong as our mom is amazing. But I did my duty to tell, I am sure everyone else will be over the moon happy for us.

Addictive this thred is.
Stalk it I must!

Who knows where that came from...
Keep em comming.

I know this isn't a weird question but it's bothered me all the same.

Today was my first day back at work which exposed me as a pregnant person. So many people asked me 'are you excited?' It just seems like such a stupid question, what else am I going to be? It's like when people ask when I'm due and then say 'aw, lovely', if I said a different month would they tell me 'oh no, how awful'?

It's like when people ask when I'm due and then say 'aw, lovely', if I said a different month would they tell me 'oh no, how awful'?

:haha: That made me laugh so hard! I feel inclined to tell someone that now.

I have exactly the same thought when people ask if we know the sex, especially midwifes who must see so many people having both sexes they probably couldn't care less!

Lol when I read that post in my head, it was totally in Yoda's voice, too :haha:

I always find it strange when you tell someone you are pregnant and they say 'Well Done' like you have passed a test.

My mother's first response to my husband was "nice to see you haven't lost your touch!"

Okay mum, um, thanks, I think. Yeah, no that was weird... lol!!

I agree. Its the most mundane questions that are the most awkward.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"