Whats wrong with living on a council estate?

Aidan's Mummy

Mummy to Aidan and Oliver
Reaction score
So I have just been watching wife swap on 4od and it was in hull. There was a very posh lady and a lady from hull who lives on bransholme on a council estate. Their was nothing worng with her house, she did have a puppy and he did wee on the floor but they were traning him at that time and it was being cleared up

But at the meet and all the way through really she made a big thing about living on a council etsate:growlmad:. I live on one. My house is lovely and so are the people around here always willing to help when they can

It just annoys me she came across as very stuck up IMO

She said quote "Maybe if I had swapped with someone earning 200 grand a year but not this, how can you learn something thats further down than you" That what really pissed me off

I am so peeded off why do some people think they are better than othersjust becuas ethey have a bit of money.

xx

I live on a council estate too and I love my area- sure there is trouble but isn't there everywhere nowadays? I think the community spirit where I live is great and I feel very safe living here just me and the kids. x

i've always lived on council estates
yeah you do get trouble makers and
drug addicts blah blah blah but tbh
now i've grown up i dont find anything
wrong with living here :shrug:

Snotty moo. I live on a council estate and although my house isn't council, it was built 4 years ago and is part of a new development, I love where I live. I'm from Hull originally and I know the bad reputation Brandsholme gets, but it's a lot lot different now and there are some lovely parts, so I don't think it's deserving at all. I used to live in the Avenues area of Hull and the amount of street crime and burglaries in that area was staggering. This snotty mentality really infuriates me because we all pay to keep a roof over our head, we all pay our bills etc, in one way or another. :growlmad::growlmad: People should be a little more gracious and humbled by others, we can't all be the same and it'd be boring if we were. xx

I'm sure the tv channel there knows well how this would piss people off and they probably see that as a good thing for their ratings. Hence they usually pick complete polar opposites for those swap shows. I remember seeing one in the states where they swapped an astrology-loving hippie sort of wife/mom with a bible thumping zealout mom. It was horrifying and captivating at the same time, lol...they know what will keep people watching.

Comments from that posh lady show just how ignorant she is, so consider the source and brush it off.

I grew up on a council estate , grrrr, I hate this attitude ... I agree with mastermind , they show attitudes like that to annoy people and increase ratings .

Really, posh areas have trouble to! I went to a public school for 2 years and OMG, what those kids got up to! Ok it wasnt drinking in the park - they actually were allowed to have parties with alcohol at like 13 & 14, and one girl lost her virginity on a pool table in front of a group of people at 14!

Classy eh?

Yeah having money is nice as it give you security, does not in any way make a person better than the guy next door!!

I live in an ex-council house and no hun, there is nothing wrong with it at all!!! x

Really, posh areas have trouble to! I went to a public school for 2 years and OMG, what those kids got up to! Ok it wasnt drinking in the park - they actually were allowed to have parties with alcohol at like 13 & 14, and one girl lost her virginity on a pool table in front of a group of people at 14!

Classy eh?

Yeah having money is nice as it give you security, does not in any way make a person better than the guy next door!!

really proves it doesn't matter where you live !

I've lived in 2 x ex council flats in East London and they were great. Neighbours were fine. Some estates seemed a bit rougher/scarier than ours though so I dunno. (not actually been a council tenant myself, not that there's anything wrong with that) You've got to be earning mega bucks to afford a non ex council place in London anyway...

I lived in a council estate in west london and tbh didnt get much trouble there...
Now I live in a big private estate in derbyshire and theres no end of trouble

Iv always lived in council houses (not sure if there estates, i guess so as all the other house in my street were council) and dont see anything wrong with me. We had a nice house, well decorated, street was pretty nice most of the time but you get trouble in any street even private.

Both my parents worked damn hard sometimes with 2 or 3 jobs so we had everything we needed. I cant see a problem with council estates.

In my town i lived in the "bad" neighbourhood but tbh its not like it was that bad but everyone rekons it is as its mostly council houses.

My OH's family used to look down on me and my family i think but tbh i much prefer my house and family to theirs so screw em :)

I DON'T live on a council estate and I think there is nothing wrong with them. No matter where you live you will always get yobs etc but there are some really lovely estates with no minks. You can't guarentee what your neighbours will be like even if they are posh and living in mansion they can still be yobs.

Saying that I do have a problem with the yobs on estates that life difficult for many people who are trying to better themselves.

they show stuff like that on tv just too annoy people im sure, i have nothing agaisnt council estates i lived on one when i was with my mum, mine oh's and charlies first house was on one altho it wasnt a council house the ones eaither side of us were, i must say tho now we live in a little village and its completly diffrent, we have no touble at all i would have no problem with leaving my front door open, leaving milk man money on the front step, leaving the car unlocked ect but on the council estate i wouldnt have dremt of it in a million years! mainly because people let there toe rag kids run about untill god knows what time doing whatever they wanted burning out cars ect, were we live now couldnt be further away from that at all! i most definatly wouldnt want too go back too living on a council estate now, not every one who lives on these estates is the same tho and not every one has awful houses but some do and they spoil it for the rest of the people who are trying too live nice lives, i wouldnt swap living in a nice village for living back on a council estate in a million years, sorry if that offends anyone but after trying them both i know what i prefer! if that makes me a snob then so be it!

So I have just been watching wife swap on 4od and it was in hull. There was a very posh lady and a lady from hull who lives on bransholme on a council estate. Their was nothing worng with her house, she did have a puppy and he did wee on the floor but they were traning him at that time and it was being cleared up

But at the meet and all the way through really she made a big thing about living on a council etsate:growlmad:. I live on one. My house is lovely and so are the people around here always willing to help when they can

It just annoys me she came across as very stuck up IMO

She said quote "Maybe if I had swapped with someone earning 200 grand a year but not this, how can you learn something thats further down than you" That what really pissed me off

I am so peeded off why do some people think they are better than othersjust becuas ethey have a bit of money.

xx

hiya hun what channel was this on and will there be a reapeat i live on bransholme council estate fancy a nosy at it xx

I'm not sure of they are repeating it but you can watch it online It on channel 4s website

Me and you should get to know each other more :D
xx

I grew up on a council estate in Leeds called the Wythers, rough as you like but amazing ppl who would do anything for you.

Some ppl are just stuck up snobs.

V xxxx

I used to have a t shirt in my smaller boobes days that said "council estate princess" :rofl:

I'm not sure of they are repeating it but you can watch it online It on channel 4s website

Me and you should get to know each other more :D
xx

yea i found it hun just watchin it, 90,000 a year :O omg lol.
deffo get to know each other
add me as a friend we can chat :)
xx

I live on the edge of a council estate, in a private estate that backs onto it.

Compared to where I live its dirty, dog poo, spit and litter on the streets. There is often trouble, it has it's own Police Station and the police helicopter can often be heard hovering! The local parade of shops is often smashed up, the Co-op manager was done over a few weeks ago by kids. It's a depressing place that lacks pride and community spirit.

It's sad that the minority ruin it for the majority as I do know people that live there that are lovely but even most of them want out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->