• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

Whats wrong with living on a council estate?

The ladies that have had bad experiences I'm sorry

My council estate is lovely. Especially my street, well kep gardens nice house and nice kids. No little kids playing out until stupi o clock on the morning. All my neigbours are friendly and I havnt had one bit of trouble. No burnt out cars etc etc etc

I wouldnt mind aidan being brought up here I think he will be just fine :D
xx

just wanted to mention drug takers are every where...... even the rich and famous are doing it.... so it dont matter if ya live in a council estate or the ritz its happening and there isnt a right lot we can do about it unfortunately .... yes you will get a whole bundle of drug users on estates the likes of kate moss and pete docherty are doing it...... bloody elvis was on with too..... its the way people chose to live...... loucky for me i bought my house on the estate just made sure i was only on the beginning off it so i didnt have to put up with the drug users or the naughty little kids who's mums dont are....( which is sad because its not the littles ones fault ) the council estate i grow up and live in now is brill as a kid we had plenty of places to go right up to 16 they had a youth club on for us monday-friday and free toddler groups for mum sduring the day me and lilly have been and they are cool.... as a teenager our youth workers took us on drug workshops showing us what was what and the effects these have aon people and believe for a kid to sit a watch a film about what these drugs are goona do to you and the people around you was more than enough to put us off...... some of the kids i used to go with a social drug users now ie cocaine but the majority dont touch drugs ..... so to me living ina area where these things where visable was a good thing because it put me off and made me want to learn about it . xx

I guess I am from what you could call a 'posher' area! All I have ever know of council estates is what you hear and what is on TV. I have been very lucky and have always lived in 4/5 bed detached houses! Its just a different world to me! x

hey we have 4 bed houses lol we arent deprived hun..... like you or your parents its something that has to be worked for and me and oh have worked very hard to get what we have a lovely 4 bed home with a huge garden and drive way that holds 4 cars not that they are all mine my dad makes a point of putting his cars on my drive lol but we are defo not deprived and to be honest i wouldnt swap mine for a posh area and 1 extra bedroom im good been a council estate girl lol xxx

I'm sure the tv channel there knows well how this would piss people off and they probably see that as a good thing for their ratings. Hence they usually pick complete polar opposites for those swap shows. I remember seeing one in the states where they swapped an astrology-loving hippie sort of wife/mom with a bible thumping zealout mom. It was horrifying and captivating at the same time, lol...they know what will keep people watching.

Comments from that posh lady show just how ignorant she is, so consider the source and brush it off.
Yea thats their general scheme isnt it? I have seen one (which only lasted 2 days) where an OCD sort of 'clean freak' person with an immaculate apartment, came into a dirty little flat .

I guess I am from what you could call a 'posher' area! All I have ever know of council estates is what you hear and what is on TV. I have been very lucky and have always lived in 4/5 bed detached houses! Its just a different world to me! x

hey we have 4 bed houses lol we arent deprived hun..... like you or your parents its something that has to be worked for and me and oh have worked very hard to get what we have a lovely 4 bed home with a huge garden and drive way that holds 4 cars not that they are all mine my dad makes a point of putting his cars on my drive lol but we are defo not deprived and to be honest i wouldnt swap mine for a posh area and 1 extra bedroom im good been a council estate girl lol xxx

I never meant that everyone on council houses were deprived I have just never known what it is like! IYKWIM! What you see on TV etc is 20 people living a 1 bed flat its just always just the worst you actually hear of!

The type of house you live in or even the area shouldnt brand the 'type' of person you are. but unfortuantly it often does. x

Yes you get people who take drugs in every "class" but when its obvious that that they are taking drugs or steeling to fund there habit, thats what were talking about

Yes you get people who take drugs in every "class" but when its obvious that that they are taking drugs or steeling to fund there habit, thats what were talking about

so these people are addicted yeh ????? just because the rich arent stealing to fund the habit does not make it right and does not give them any more credit or morals for doing it that way..... i actually feel sorry for drug addicts as it turns them in to different people weather they are poor and have to steal to foot the bill or rich and can afford it either way.

no drug user should be getting any redit or respect but it seems the rich and famous are aloud to do it xxxx

I live on a council estate too and I love my area- sure there is trouble but isn't there everywhere nowadays? I think the community spirit where I live is great and I feel very safe living here just me and the kids. x

I didnt know your area was council! lol x

Yep its a big council estate hun, Nice tho isn't it:flower:

Again people have a sterotypical view of people that live on a council estate. Just like teen mums just like gays and all the others that are judged every single day

I have never seen someone taking drugs on my estate probs go on behind closed doors and I gre up on a council estate in milton keynes. Nothing wrong with me

I dont take drugs and I havnt stolen a thibg in my life

You get horrible kids from rich estates some of them are stuck up brats just like you get horrible kids from a council estate. Just because people live in a posh area it makes them no better and doesnt garuntee a good child. Its how you love your life and treat others not where you live or what you have
xx

I lived on council estates most of my life, in the rough areas too, and let me tell you - it feels like home!

Sod this fancy bought flat, I'd so be more at home in a council state, I swear! When I visit family I totally love going down there!

I live in a council house but I am not on a council estate. My area is too posh and I hate it. I dont feel comfortable at all lol. The shops are a tiny village as we are in the national park but I feel much nicer in community sprit places. :(

I rent a house here, but i also hate people that have more money and look down at other people and think they are better..make me mad

I couldnt care less, a house is a house to me, as long as its got 4 walls and a roof, heating and water it'll do for me.

My only gripe is that i dont like new build houses, the workmanship is POOR, they're thin and flimsy and just generally crap, give me an older house anyday ... not that, that has anything to do with council or private houses but it was a random thought i had as a result of the discussion :rofl: :rofl:

so these people are addicted yeh ????? just because the rich arent stealing to fund the habit does not make it right and does not give them any more credit or morals for doing it that way..... i actually feel sorry for drug addicts as it turns them in to different people weather they are poor and have to steal to foot the bill or rich and can afford it either way.

no drug user should be getting any redit or respect but it seems the rich and famous are aloud to do it xxxx

I never said that rich people taking drugs was right or they should be alowed to do it but at the end of the day whats worse, Some one being able to fund there habbit by there own money or staling some ones pention or breaking into some ones house and steeling the tv to pay for there smack?

I grew up in a council estate but it was a hell hole.I know there are council estates that are good but that one was literally the dodgiest most awful place i have ever been in my life.I refused to play outside the whole time i was growing up because the kids were too rough and they scared the crap out of me.In that particular estate it was just drug dealers and their families and not a day went by that one of them wasnt in the court on some charge or another, the children had no respect and the parents didnt give a shit.The stories i could tell about that place like!! My sisters actually doing a study on it in college and i was looking through it yesterday, our estate had the highest rate of children being taken into care in the whole province which is 6 whole friggin countys and its actually a small area!! We moved when i was 12, thank god! Now i live in another council estate (im pretty sure it is anyway) and its fantastic, people here go to work in the mornings and pick up their kids and are just generally lovely people. Every place is differant, i dont look down on people from bad areas i'd be pretty hypocritical if i did but some places are just full of people who havnt worked a day in their life (unless dealing counts) and so i can see why people would make that generalisation, innacurate as it is

ive never lived on a council estate but theres one at the other side of my village and it is full of druggies and drunks, kids playing out until stupid times in the morning and theres constant trouble but then i know people who live on a council estate in a diff every from me and theres such a community feel to it, everyone knows everyone and will always help each other out when they can.

My OH lives in a really posh house on a private road were theres only his house and 2 others and yes his house is lovely and the other people on the road are lovely but on the roads around his even though there not council they still have trouble and theres a park 5 minutes from his were all the teens go and you used to find used condoms, needles everything on there but now they cant as it has high fences with gates at the 2 entrances at there locked when it gets dark so it isnt like that anymore on there but there still gangs hanging around on streets and near shops so it shows even in the posher areas there still trouble

I used to live on a council estate and I hated it. It was all druggies, Loads of fighting, teenagers shouting abuse when you walked past... Never lived on one before and never will again :(

We live in quite a 'posh' area now though, and I wouldn't change it for the world - never been any trouble in the 9 months we've lived here, everyone talks to each other and looks out for each other, No yapping dogs at 6am in the morning, No teenagers hanging around drinking cider on the street corner...

i have lived ona conucil eatse for 23 years now :thumbup:since i was in my mums tummy when she passed away my borther took over the proptey .now i have took over it and hes got a flat over the road .i would never move from my house as its a family home were i was brought up from beign a kid

dont matter if its council .bought .rented .or a mansion .a home is a home.

people shud respect were people live we all dont have money in life to buy a big posh home .and to be honest if some one said move house to a posh one i would say no way my house has memoires of my mum .her grand children now libve here with me who she never got to meet

soon as people say they have a house with the council they say .oooooooo kids are bad on estates.drugies .houses broke in to etc .well yeah we have had druggies were we live and fightig but i dont get involved i dont like abeing a curtain monster lol

home sweet home is my moto

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"