What's your day like with your toddler?

Aberrance

Reaction score
I want to know your average day with your 2-3 year old... From morning to bedtime. Thanks!! :flower:

Helen will be 2 in 3 wks, here is our day.....

9:00 ish- wakes up and sings in cot, DH gets her up as I am often still feeding/ in bed with Sally
9::00-10:00 breakfast
10:30-12:00 - out for a walk/ go to shop/ visit friends either with me or with DH if I have work to do (I do some online teaching DH is a farmer/ self employed) usually has a banana and couple of rice cakes during this time.
12:-13:00 lunch although this seems to be getting later as she gets up so late. She sits up for about an hour though while we chat and I feed sally.
14:00 nap time, I use this time for housework and prepping dinner although I do sometimes get marooned on the sofa feeding sally!
16:30 awake- snack, granny often pops in. Play/draw/ read stories (if I'm feeding) either me or DH will get dinner on the table.
18:00- dinner
18:45- bath
19:00 jammies, stories, cuddles
19:30 in cot, lights out, we often hear her playing for an hour or so before she drifts off.

Hmm feel like we don't do much, probably because she sleeps all the time!

7 a.m. (ish) - Wakes up, usually chats to himself in the cot for a bit while I have a shower.
8 a.m. - Breakfast
Morning - Always go out somewhere, either toddler group, park, playground, library, art gallery/museum, shops, or swimming once a week. Sometimes has a snack during this time.
12 p.m. (ish) - Lunch
I find that I need to have him in the cot for his nap for 12.45 or he takes ages going to sleep.
1-3 p.m. - Nap
3 p.m. - Get him up, sometimes has a snack.
Afternoon - Usually play in the house or garden, toys, arts & crafts, helping with cooking, etc.
5.30 p.m. - Dinner
6.30 p.m. - Bathtime
7-7.30 p.m. - Bedtime, usually asleep by 8.

My LO is a bit older, but this hasn't changed really as he hasn't napped since he turned 2. This is on the days he's not at preschool and I'm not at work:
7ish - wake up, play in bed with me, read a couple of stories
7:30/8 - downstairs, breakfast, tv is on, playing with his toys. I have a drink, think about getting ready for the day. Boy stays downstairs while I wash etc.
9 - get boy dressed, talk about the day ahead. I play with him for a bit.
9:30 - get ready for swimming lesson/soft play/playdate
Any time between 11 and 1 - home and lunch
1-3 PM - we usually go for a walk no matter what the weather, then do some kind of craft or baking.
3PM - Snack
until 5pm - solo play
5pm - dinner then TV
6pm - bath, story, bed at around 7pm
7-8pm - he plays quietly in his room. If he's tired he goes to bed sooner but no matter what time I put him to bed, he plays for at least an hour :rofl:

6am - Usually get up, watch a bit of TV together.
7am - Breakfast and drink. Get dressed.
8am - We go round to my mums (who is next door for an hour to play)
9am - Come home, kids play while i do the housework/put wahing on/hang washing out. We also all bath in the morning.
11am - I normally do some sort of craft activity with Madi as the baby goes to sleep. So we either paint or stick, sometimes we do playdough together.
12am - Lunch.
1pm - Baby normally wakes, we give him lunch and then go for a walk. (And almost always end up at the park!)
3pm - We play together for a hour or so - normally tea parties, dollies, balls, musical instrements, singing. Sometimes the kids have a snack.. depends on what they've had for lunch.
4pm - Zach goes back to sleep, so Madi helps me tidy up and then we read some books together, or draw. This is normally the part of the day where i try to teach her things. Letters, numbers etc.
I cook some dinner about 4.30 and she will watch some TV or play.
5pm - We eat dinner together, baby is awake by then.
5.30pm - Daddy gets in from work so he tends to play with the kids while i wash up etc.
6pm - We go down the road to my sisters and see my nephew for an hour (Hes the same age as Madi)
7pm - Home, PJs on, drinks, brush teeth, Bed. Bliss:flow:

LOL i don't actually have a set day to day routine - most days i do something different!

Tuesdays are a day when i pretty much do the same thing each week so this is my tuesday:

7am - lo wakes up. Usually wanders round while i am getting myself dressed and getting DS up for school.
7.45/8am - breakfast.
8.20am - walk up to school.
8.40am - walk back home.
9-10am - general house work stuff while DD is mooching around and playing.
10am - walk to swimming for a 10.30 start (i meet a friend who's lo is the same age)
10.30-12 - swimming pool.
12.30 - 3pm - go to my parents where lo plays and we read to her. lunch can be at anytime.
3-5pm ish - sleep
5-6pm playing again
6pm go home and get ready for evening meal.
7pm - dinner
7.30pm - bath.
8pm - bed.

I don't have any regular snack time as LO never asks for snacks so it's just a case of i'm i'm having a drink then i may give LO a snack at the same time.

Thanks everyone.. What do you do to entertain when the weather is horrible?

our usual day

7:00- wake, downstairs for independent play and milk
8:00 breakfast
9:00- 12:00 one on one play, and usually an episode of barney when i do the little bits of houswork that need doing- though if its something she can do too, she ususally helps me :)- snack usuall around 10:00
12:00 lunch, followed by some kind of outside trip, a walk, a trip to the shops, walking the dog, or the park, sometimes a play date?

3-5 back in the house, one on one or independent play depending on her mood really

5:00 daddy gets home, and mummy is sacked in favour of daddy :( lol i usually do a bit more housework, and start doing dinner

6:00 dinner (this is a recent change, usually it was bed at 6 after a 5 o clock dinner)

this is followed by a bath, story and bed

on horrible weather days we usually done something that we wouldnt do every day, some craft things, play doh, or baking x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->