What's your day like with your toddler?

Discussion in 'Toddler & Pre-School' started by Aberrance, Nov 18, 2011.

1. Aberrance

Aberrance Well-Known Member

I want to know your average day with your 2-3 year old... From morning to bedtime. Thanks!! :flower:

2. Bumpontherun

Bumpontherun Well-Known Member

Helen will be 2 in 3 wks, here is our day.....

9:00 ish- wakes up and sings in cot, DH gets her up as I am often still feeding/ in bed with Sally
    9::00-10:00 breakfast
    10:30-12:00 - out for a walk/ go to shop/ visit friends either with me or with DH if I have work to do (I do some online teaching DH is a farmer/ self employed) usually has a banana and couple of rice cakes during this time.
    12:-13:00 lunch although this seems to be getting later as she gets up so late. She sits up for about an hour though while we chat and I feed sally.
    14:00 nap time, I use this time for housework and prepping dinner although I do sometimes get marooned on the sofa feeding sally!
    16:30 awake- snack, granny often pops in. Play/draw/ read stories (if I'm feeding) either me or DH will get dinner on the table.
    18:00- dinner
    18:45- bath
    19:00 jammies, stories, cuddles
    19:30 in cot, lights out, we often hear her playing for an hour or so before she drifts off.

Hmm feel like we don't do much, probably because she sleeps all the time!

3. polaris

polaris Mother of two

7 a.m. (ish) - Wakes up, usually chats to himself in the cot for a bit while I have a shower.
    8 a.m. - Breakfast
    Morning - Always go out somewhere, either toddler group, park, playground, library, art gallery/museum, shops, or swimming once a week. Sometimes has a snack during this time.
    12 p.m. (ish) - Lunch
    I find that I need to have him in the cot for his nap for 12.45 or he takes ages going to sleep.
    1-3 p.m. - Nap
    3 p.m. - Get him up, sometimes has a snack.
    Afternoon - Usually play in the house or garden, toys, arts & crafts, helping with cooking, etc.
    5.30 p.m. - Dinner
    6.30 p.m. - Bathtime
    7-7.30 p.m. - Bedtime, usually asleep by 8.

4. isil

isil Well-Known Member

My LO is a bit older, but this hasn't changed really as he hasn't napped since he turned 2. This is on the days he's not at preschool and I'm not at work:
    7ish - wake up, play in bed with me, read a couple of stories
    7:30/8 - downstairs, breakfast, tv is on, playing with his toys. I have a drink, think about getting ready for the day. Boy stays downstairs while I wash etc.
    9 - get boy dressed, talk about the day ahead. I play with him for a bit.
    9:30 - get ready for swimming lesson/soft play/playdate
    Any time between 11 and 1 - home and lunch
    1-3 PM - we usually go for a walk no matter what the weather, then do some kind of craft or baking.
    3PM - Snack
    until 5pm - solo play
    5pm - dinner then TV
    6pm - bath, story, bed at around 7pm
    7-8pm - he plays quietly in his room. If he's tired he goes to bed sooner but no matter what time I put him to bed, he plays for at least an hour :rofl:

5. karlilay

karlilay Mum of 2 :)

6am - Usually get up, watch a bit of TV together.
    7am - Breakfast and drink. Get dressed.
    8am - We go round to my mums (who is next door for an hour to play)
    9am - Come home, kids play while i do the housework/put wahing on/hang washing out. We also all bath in the morning.
    11am - I normally do some sort of craft activity with Madi as the baby goes to sleep. So we either paint or stick, sometimes we do playdough together.
    12am - Lunch.
    1pm - Baby normally wakes, we give him lunch and then go for a walk. (And almost always end up at the park!)
    3pm - We play together for a hour or so - normally tea parties, dollies, balls, musical instrements, singing. Sometimes the kids have a snack.. depends on what they've had for lunch.
    4pm - Zach goes back to sleep, so Madi helps me tidy up and then we read some books together, or draw. This is normally the part of the day where i try to teach her things. Letters, numbers etc.
    I cook some dinner about 4.30 and she will watch some TV or play.
    5pm - We eat dinner together, baby is awake by then.
    5.30pm - Daddy gets in from work so he tends to play with the kids while i wash up etc.
    6pm - We go down the road to my sisters and see my nephew for an hour (Hes the same age as Madi)
    7pm - Home, PJs on, drinks, brush teeth, Bed. Bliss:flow:

6. RachA

RachA Well-Known Member

LOL i don't actually have a set day to day routine - most days i do something different!

Tuesdays are a day when i pretty much do the same thing each week so this is my tuesday:

7am - lo wakes up. Usually wanders round while i am getting myself dressed and getting DS up for school.
    7.45/8am - breakfast.
    8.20am - walk up to school.
    8.40am - walk back home.
    9-10am - general house work stuff while DD is mooching around and playing.
    10am - walk to swimming for a 10.30 start (i meet a friend who's lo is the same age)
    10.30-12 - swimming pool.
    12.30 - 3pm - go to my parents where lo plays and we read to her. lunch can be at anytime.
    3-5pm ish - sleep
    5-6pm playing again
    6pm go home and get ready for evening meal.
    7pm - dinner
    7.30pm - bath.
    8pm - bed.

I don't have any regular snack time as LO never asks for snacks so it's just a case of i'm i'm having a drink then i may give LO a snack at the same time.

7. Aberrance

Aberrance Well-Known Member

Thanks everyone.. What do you do to entertain when the weather is horrible?

8. Siyren

Siyren Guest

our usual day

7:00- wake, downstairs for independent play and milk
    8:00 breakfast
    9:00- 12:00 one on one play, and usually an episode of barney when i do the little bits of houswork that need doing- though if its something she can do too, she ususally helps me :)- snack usuall around 10:00
    12:00 lunch, followed by some kind of outside trip, a walk, a trip to the shops, walking the dog, or the park, sometimes a play date?

3-5 back in the house, one on one or independent play depending on her mood really

5:00 daddy gets home, and mummy is sacked in favour of daddy :( lol i usually do a bit more housework, and start doing dinner

6:00 dinner (this is a recent change, usually it was bed at 6 after a 5 o clock dinner)

this is followed by a bath, story and bed

on horrible weather days we usually done something that we wouldnt do every day, some craft things, play doh, or baking x