What's your OH doing to get ready for TTC?

mandaa1220

Reaction score
I'm taking vitamins, charting, eating right, losing weight, etc. I've heard what everyone else in here is doing, but what about the men? My OH isn't doing much of anything in preparation. Should he be?

My OH is trying to cut back on his spending (this is also for our wedding in April as well) but other than that he isn't really doing much.. I'll be intrested to see if other OH's are and if he should be.

I started my DH on multi-vitamins and fish oil when I started taking prenatals. I don't know how much that'll help, I haven't done much research on it, but I figured it couldn't hurt. I've also been encouraging him to workout again. He doesn't need to lose weight but working out is good for you in so many other ways. And he's been to a new dr who is focused on helping him keep his blood sugar more constant since he's a type I diabetic. That I for sure know helps with sperm quality.

Nothing, I'm trying to convince him to take a multi vit but not working too well. He doesent smoke, only drinks occasionally.

Hubby's joined Biggest Loser at work, so I guess that's sort of an indirect way he's preparing... lol.
Not much other than that! Just lots of practice with me ;) lol

Hubby's joined Biggest Loser at work, so I guess that's sort of an indirect way he's preparing... lol.
Not much other than that! Just lots of practice with me ;) lol

Hehe, yes, lots of practice for us too! :haha:

My DH is taking a multi-vit...I pass him the bottle every night at dinner when I take my prenatal, that way I can actually make sure he takes it! If I left it to him, he would always forget! He doesn't smoke, and he drinks a beer or two a few days of the week. But TBH, I don't want to ask him to cut out alcohol. I really don't want TTC to seem like work, at least not until we've been trying for a while. If we don't have success, we may revisit and revise our habits further.

Oh, I would also say that my guy is *slowly* improving his listening skills about pregnancy related stuff. I try not to go into detail about CM and whatnot, but he'll sit and listen to me go on about and article I read, or how I might want to have a totally "green" pregnancy and change up our lifestyle quite a bit in the near future. He actually agreed the other night to my plan to do cloth diapering...we'll see if he regrets that when the time actually comes :)

My DH is taking a multi-vit...I pass him the bottle every night at dinner when I take my prenatal, that way I can actually make sure he takes it! If I left it to him, he would always forget!

That's how I do it too! After dinner I pass out the vitamins because my DH would never remember either, lol. I got him gummies though so he doesn't complain.

My DH is taking a multi-vit...I pass him the bottle every night at dinner when I take my prenatal, that way I can actually make sure he takes it! If I left it to him, he would always forget!

That's how I do it too! After dinner I pass out the vitamins because my DH would never remember either, lol. I got him gummies though so he doesn't complain.

Good idea with the gummies! Smart lady ;)
Also, this is good prep for being mommies, since the same tactics that work with our husbands will likely be what work with our future LOs :haha:

Hmmm good question!! I suppose he is preparing by buying our family house with me :) Good idea with the gummies... think I may try that when it's time to start taking vitamins!

I told OH last night that he's going to need to start taking a mulitvitamin and he said "for the baby?" I told him yes and he said "okay".

So I guess I'll go get one now! Thanks ladies. I need some healthy spermies.

OH does smoke, but there's nothing I can do at the moment to force him to quit. As my mom says, he'll know when he's ready to quit and right now is not the time. I'm hoping that by the time an LO comes he will quit (as is his mother), but he doesn't smoke in the house or car at all and I know he would never around an LO, because he won't around other children in our family, so I guess you can win em all!

I've made my dh stop taking baths! The man used to take a bath every single day! (Probably the only mad in the world who does) but I read a lot about how things like saunas, hot tubs, and frequent warm baths can damage sperm, so I finally got him to agree to showers only until we get pregnant!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->